Greek Diagrams

Sean R.

Sorry, Window menu, not Library window. Multi-tasking here to the detriment of all the tasks!

• 6 years later...

I feel the need to come back and contribute to this now, quite old thread, as it is what comes up in Google when you search for info on the accordance diagramming tool, and this post put me off a little:

The problem with this, however, is that it is impossible to definitively diagram the Greek New Testament. .... Nonetheless, it takes quite a long time to diagram them.

Secondly, and more importantly, there are many verses that could be diagrammed multiple ways.  ...

Thus, in other words, though its possible for something like this to be put out, it'd be a lot of work and I'm not sure it'd be a module worth purchasing. You can always make your own diagrams, though, as Jackcav noted.

1. While it is true that it is possible for verses to be arranged/diagrammed in different ways. It has turned out that for me, when I am trying to unravel a tricky sentence, being able to see how a scholar has broken it up is a huge time saver and is hugely invaluable.

2. While it is true that a verse may be able to be diagrammed in multiple ways. Having the diagram as a starting point is an excellent starting point, using the diagram, you can show that a line could perhaps connect to A or to B. 

3. Regarding "You can always make your own diagrams". Of how many people is this true? It's certainly not true for me yet. 

My guess is that if you already know greek really well and know how to produce diagrams really well, then this module might be pointless, but for the rest of us, it is seeming to me to be quite invaluable.

I found the Greek & Hebrew Discoverer Collection, along with the Graphics Discoverer Collection, to be the sweet spot for my upgrade from the Accordance 11 Essential Collection. Helen, a big shout out to all the crew who have worked so hard on getting to the release of Accordance 12 and the new Collections, and also to the sales and support team who are faithfully and professionally dealing with the huge increase in activity that came with the rollout of Accordance 12.

Shalom,

Joseph

That was a long time ago. We do offer a Greek Diagram module now of the entire New Testament, and it's included in the Greek & Hebrew Discoverer Collection.

Thanks Helen, this popped up while I was researching if I should buy the module. I ended up buying it, and I have found it extremely useful in deciphering some of the verses in Hebrews where the author has stuffed eight or nine words in-between the definite article, and the word it attaches to, and also when the sentence stretches more than a few verses.  

I didn't realise it was in that discoverer package, I would have purchased that otherwise. Oh well, too late now.

Next step is to learn how to read the diagrams better, and how to make them myself :D

Edited by Ιακοβ

It's not too late to upgrade to Discoverer. You have 90 days to get full credit for the Diagrams and anything else you bought individually that are part of the package.

• Like 1

It's not too late to upgrade to Discoverer. You have 90 days to get full credit for the Diagrams and anything else you bought individually that are part of the package.

I can testify: OakTree is here very fair. I upgraded my 11 in this way. I just bought the biggest I was able to buy with the ca. 25% discount and then I had the 90 days of grace and unpraded to the bigger one, and then once again. So I had 3 months time to earn money and got all the full credits. For me this was a real good deal and I recommend it to another persons.

Greetings

Fabian