Accordance 11 is, as you say it is, "Simply brilliant!"

Mark Nigro

I'm enjoying the update to Accordance 11 immensely, awesome job!

The fluidity and functionality of the newly implemented features, are wonderful!

Searches are ridiculously fast, as always...even with the new Research Tab that searches all. And the display of its results is just what I had hoped it would be.

Thank you for continuing to raise the standard of digital bible study...I'm thankful (and proud) to be a dedicated Accordance user.

Looking forward to attending the next Accordance training seminar here in California :)

• Like 5

Yes, Bravo!

Great and well thought out update.

My two favorite features are the new Info Pane and the Research. Very helpful.

Thanks.

PS... now looking forward to Accordance iOS update. :)

• Like 1

I do like 11 and think it is truly is "Simply brilliant!" but the back of my mind whispers, “Let praise come from a stranger, not from yourself, from the lips of an outsider and not from your own.” (Proverbs 27:2 REB)

-Dan

I think most of our long-time users would agree that Accordance Bible Software has been "brilliant" for a long time.

What is different about version 11 is that we have worked hard to make it "simpler" for those new to Bible study and/or new to Bible study software.

The catch phrase is designed to draw attention to it.

• Like 4

I think most of our long-time users would agree that Accordance Bible Software has been "brilliant" for a long time.

What is different about version 11 is that we have worked hard to make it "simpler" for those new to Bible study and/or new to Bible study software.

The catch phrase is designed to draw attention to it.

Completely agree with Dr. J.

As a "non-professional" I can say that I truly appreciate the new features. Those who are in full time ministry, specially at the scholarly level, know their resources and go straight for what they want. For them Accordance has always been brilliant. For for those of us who are not at that level but want to dig deeper into Bible study we need more help along the way. We love the simplicity, cleanness and speed of Accordance but we felt some what "lost" at times when accessing the information. We need things fast but we need thing easy and to the point. And I think that is where the new features makes Accordance brilliant for us too. Just the Research and the Info Pane are such a powerful help for us and well worth the upgrade cost.

So for us, the file and rank believer that want to learn more about and from the Word of God, we thank you for making Accordance more brilliant for us. :)

The only one thing I would love to see going further is the User Notes. Love to see more formatting tools.

• Like 1

Dan,

Another take and twist on this verse from Proverbs in modern Hebrew parlance is as follows:

Let the mouth of another praise you יְהַלֶּלְךָ֣ זָ֣ר

and if if not וְלֹא

[let] your own mouth [praise yourself] פִ֑יךָ

Edited by Gordon
  • Like 1

Thanks Gordon for that insight. I never meant to imply Accordance should not be proud of 11, nor that it was not simply brilliant, just saying what first came to mind when I saw that phrase. AS Dr. J implied it is a branding thing. Just caught me by surprise to see it in the splash screen.

-Dan

I did think it was in good humour but I did appreciate the alternative translation, and left me rightly with a slight twinge of guilt. Wanting to make fully clear I was not trying to imply Accordance programers were being prideful. I realize fully it might have come across i was being judgmental, which is the last thing I would want to be. I too should have had a smiley face after my quote. :)

This new version is simply great. Studying the Bible is fun with this intuitive software.

Thanks to the team!

[chuckle] No problem, Dan! I enjoy a good tweak now and then myself, especially when mingled with self-depreciating humor.

Here are a few from my college teaching days:

My lectures are so illuminating students are starting to wear sunglasses to class.

Students think I am so inspired they are starting to write pseudepigrapha in my name.