How to change timeline font size

davidmedina

I click on the Info pane to open the timeline and the fonts was huge!!! Over 150 points size (see screen capture) . Any way to make it smaller?

post-32482-0-03062700-1415677044_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidmedina

Once it's open you can use the + and - "magnifying" glass icons in the Timeline window. Not sure how to change it as a default. Mine doesn't open with the font that large.

I think that we need to look into the current zooming of the Timeline when opened from an Amplify function like this. It needs some tweaking, and we do have more plans for the feature.

Without having to revert back to previous posts I've made about Timeline, enough to say that I'd love this module to get a bit of an overhaul.

Without having to revert back to previous posts I've made about Timeline, enough to say that I'd love this module to get a bit of an overhaul.

Agreed. Looks like it was designed in the 1980s. However, I freely admit I virtually drooled over it the first time I saw it and bought it immediately.

But the Timeline and the Atlas are the most visually anachronistic of all the Accordance bits and parts.

Time to bring them up to date with everything else.

• Like 1

Agreed. Looks like it was designed in the 1980s. However, I freely admit I virtually drooled over it the first time I saw it and bought it immediately.

But the Timeline and the Atlas are the most visually anachronistic of all the Accordance bits and parts.

Time to bring them up to date with everything else.

Yes, I agree. Love to see it be update.

+1

Maybe a feature would be to be able to export this information in text format. Like when I select the year range of a prophet (or whatever event), Accordance can let me select which other area to include (Syria, Mesopotamia, etc.), and then produce a multiple-column table with the dates and events in these areas during the event selected. I think it would be useful as class handouts.

And now that we're at it, I tried PDF printing a section of the Timeline, and in the output file some diagonal lines appear. Is this part of the timeline? I can't figure out what these lines are for.

Umm, and regarding the Atlas: how many of you guys actually use the different layer styles (beige, greys, infrared, etc.)?

Edited by Anthony Sepulveda

Anthony:

You can get a list by dragging over the date area and the top, and clicking. This opens a TImeline Data tab with a text list of items, which can be copied. Probably not as complex formatting wise as you have in mind, but a start. See the section on Timeline Data Tab in the help.

In terms of the Atlas, I use mostly Light Colors, Colors, and White. (I use the latter for printing maps for my Adult Sunday School class)

Hi Lorinda,

Thanks for showing me this feature. A bit more of formatting and I'll have those handouts set up in parallel columns with the year ranges in line.

Pinch and zoom would be great especially for the maps but also to zoom in and out of the timeline.

That's right; for Windows there's a key combination only for zoom in (Ctrl+Shift+click), but I think the only way to zoom out would be to click on the icon above.