Error Message When Linking Bibles

circuitrider

I discovered a wonderful way to see my search results in dedicated results window without changing my current study workspace. David Lang led me to this great option.

I am, however, getting an error message. Here is how you can duplicate the error.

In a workspace open two texts of the same version

From within the second Tab enter this key combination [Command][shift] L

Now Tab two is linked to Tab one

You can do any word search from within the first Tab and the second Tab will come to the front with your results. By tying the tabs together through the Window drop down menu, Set -->Tie you can scroll through your results and then view your verse of choice in the first Tab in full context.

However, when you change the search option to a Verses search and type in a Reference you get an error message. I have included a shot of the error message.

post-29527-1243377987_thumb.png

If I change the search options on both Tabs to Verses then I get a different error. Here is a screenshot of that error.post-29527-1243378260_thumb.png

The odd and good thing is that I get what I asked for. My Bible goes to the verse I asked for but I get these errors and have to clear them before I can proceed.

Is there something I can do to eliminate this error?

Circuitrider

It might be easier to have a second set of linked tabs which are set to verses, for when you prefer to do a verse search.

However, as long as you didn't click the search button before you changed both search tabs to verses, there is no reason to get that error. We will look into it.

I have set up two separate Bible tabs in my primary workspace and also I tried a workspace with only those two Bible tabs, I continue to get the same error in both settings. Also, I made sure that I didn't click the search button before typing in a reference.

Thanks for looking into it. I really appreciate the Accordance staff being on top of things.

You are right, you get the error even if you don't switch the search type. Definitely a bug!

• 3 months later...

I was hoping to see this bug addressed in the recent update. Maybe next time?

Sorry, we will make sure it gets looked at for the next release. We were in a hurry to get the last release out to get people's fonts working again. Thanks for reminding us.

Actually, it may not be a bug. The fundamental problem is that the commands are not supported when the search is set to Verses. None of them are relevant, but the LINK command could indeed be useful, so we will look into whether it could be implemented when searching by verse, so that tabs with different translations could always display the same passage.

Archived