New, irritating, behavior in version 11.0.3

Fr. Rich

Prior to the current version, if I wished to follow up on a topic, I could click on the topic and open the first tool that had an entry. I could then cycle through all of my tools looking for entries by clicking 'control' and + If a tool had no entry, I could just keep going through the cycle. Now, each time I get a tool with no entry, I get a message that the topic is not found in the tool. I have to stop, tell the message to go away and then return to my cycle. This actually prolongs my cycling through the tools to the extent that using 'control' + is nearly worthless.

There does seem to be some sort of change here.

Switching tools using (Cntrl++ or Cntrl+-) automatically places the word in the search field. If the word appears in the resource, the article appears without any further action. (No need to type Enter, for example.) If the results area remains blank, there is no article on that word. Typing Enter opens a dialog box, from which we can choose a word that does exist in the resource. Otherwise, we can just type Cntrl++ or Cntrl+- and continue working through our resources.

I suggest not typing Enter after switching tools. See if that eases your workflow.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

I confess ignorance.

What is the ctrl++ ?

I have never read or heard about it.

I just tried it and nothing happened (windows).

Could you give me a step by step instruction written at the 2nd grade level on how to do it?

Thanks, Dave ( of grade 2)

I don't type enter. I just use the control ++ to cycle through the resources. This always worked fine before version 11.0.3. Now, my "cycling" is constantly interrupted by the announcement that there isn't anything in whatever resource.

Once we triple-click and open a resource, we can move up or down through other resources in that category. Here's how:

Click in the tool pane (to make sure it is the active pane). Type Cntrl+ the plus sign (+) to move up through the category, Cntrl+the minus sign (-) to move down. Accordance will switch resources and repeat the search. This is a fast way to move through multiple resources.

Rich,

I'm not getting that behavior on my Mac. I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

I've noticed it when you have a reference as well so there are two items it is searching on. Probably something to do with the improved use of references.

Interesting point, Steve. I don't have my preferences set to include reference when searching (Preferences>Amplify). I prefer to see more hits and sort through them myself.

Dave, I'm not entirely sure what the Windows equivalent is of control-+. Typically, keyboard shortcuts translate this way:

Command on Mac becomes Control (cntrl) on Windows

Option on Mac becomes Alt on Windows

Macs also have a control key, but I don't know if there is a Windows equivalent.

Once we triple-click and open a resource, we can move up or down through other resources in that category. Here's how:

Click in the tool pane (to make sure it is the active pane). Type Cntrl+ the plus sign (+) to move up through the category, Cntrl+the minus sign (-) to move down. Accordance will switch resources and repeat the search. This is a fast way to move through multiple resources.

Rich,

I'm not getting that behavior on my Mac. I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help.

ahh!

so cool thanks!

on my windows machine ctrl + (or -) merely changes the text size but alt + (or -) cycles thru the references

Dave, I'm not entirely sure what the Windows equivalent is of control-+. Typically, keyboard shortcuts translate this way:

Macs also have a control key, but I don't know if there is a Windows equivalent.

thanks Lorinda

on my windows machine ctrl + (or -) merely changes the text size but alt + (or -) cycles thru the references

Edited by dlrude

btw on my windows 7 with 11.0.03 Accordance then if the reference has no entry for the search term the pane is merely blank, no warnings or messages

Interesting point, Steve. I don't have my preferences set to include reference when searching (Preferences>Amplify). I prefer to see more hits and sort through them myself.

I did have it checked (was there by default at some point by upgrading), but was still able to cycle through my tools without interruption.

It works to me by using "ctrl + up" "ctrl + down". Love this!

• Like 1

When I checked the "include references" the unwanted behavior stopped. I'm not sure I understand why but at least I can cycle without interruption now.

I unchecked "include reference" and it still works for me.

I'm pretty sure Mac's control key is the one for which there is no Windows equivalent.

Thx

D

D,

I found that "alt+" worked , wow its a neat feature!

Dave

• Like 2

It works fine for me most of the time.

Occasionally I do get a warning that the search item cannot be found.

However it seems that occurs when the search category has gotten changed from say "word" to "book" for example by the program.

When I change it back manually to whatever it had original been then it works fine for while then something changes it.

Apparently the search category gets manipulated by the code.

I still really like the feature but thought this info may be helpful.

Dave