Moulton and Milligan Vocabulary

Peter Smythe

• 3 years later...

There has been a bit of discussion on the importance of this lexicon because of its reach into later papyri. I would like to see this lexicon as part of Accordance.

The icing on the cake for making Accordance the leader in yet another area, is to publish tagged versions of "New Documents Illustrating Early Christianity" by Macquarie University and published by Eerdmans (I think).

Danny

Is there a chance of getting a Moulton and Milligan Vocabulary module?

It's been discussed, and we can probably get an e-text

• Like 3

Consider this to be me "speaking up"! :) M&M would be a very welcome and helpful addition/supplement to the lexical works currently available. And yes, to have the New Docs series in Accordance would indeed be the "icing"! (That series was the precursor to a revision of M&M, but the series has stalled and the projected revision of M&M is, very unfortunately, dead.)

Hear, hear!

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

+1 for me. M&M would be wonderful

I thought we would be able to acquire an e-text, but so far that has not been the case.

Thanks for the feedback.

:-( :-( :-( =>

Edited by Ken Simpson

• 6 months later...

....... but for now we've got a lot of other titles that are higher priority. http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I trust these higher priorities are all other language resources. And yes, I would purchase M&M.

• 3 years later...

Any update on the possibility of getting Moulton's and Milligan's vocabulary of the Greek New Testament

• 1 month later...

Please do add the Moulton and Milligan vocabulary to us.   AnD, the New Documents Illustrating Early Christianity from MacQuarrie Unviersity,  please add this.

• 2 months later...

Please add M&M to Accordance :-)

The value of this old lexicon is remarkable, even with the more modern resources. +1

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I, also, would like to have this module.  BDAG et al. are constantly referring to this work...

Thanks.

We would love to have this resource in Accordance. The problem is that (as far as I know) it's not available in a digital format that's clean enough to work with. 

If anyone knows of a source that contains clean Greek in a digital format, we'll definitely follow up on this request!

• Confused 1

It says it comes to Accordance:  See minute 9:22

239008745_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-19um14_01_00.thumb.png.4a60babc9756a0c82745fd64a8298300.png

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

We would love to have this resource in Accordance. The problem is that (as far as I know) it's not available in a digital format that's clean enough to work with. 

If anyone knows of a source that contains clean Greek in a digital format, we'll definitely follow up on this request!

The question is more, has Accordance trow it in the trash? As many other things as they didn't want to pay royalties.

Edited by Fabian
As I purchased Accordance. They claimed they even pay royalties to public domain titles. I was proud to have chosen Accordance. After several years I can say it was a lie.

7 minutes ago, Fabian said:

The question is more, has Accordance trow it in the trash? As many other things they didn't want royalties.

I don't know anything about this Fabian, but I'll certainly contact Mr. Loder.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this Fabian! So what happened for something as advanced as this to "fall through the cracks"? M-M has been requested a number of times.

I wasn't aware of Loder's work but it would give a huge added value to this resource which, although dated, hasn't really been replaced or superseded, AFAIK. The enhancements made by Loder would make this a great addition to Accordance. So, yes, please reactivate this project, Accordance!

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of this, but we've been in contact with Mr. Loder for some time. This particular work did indeed "fall through the cracks." 
As I understand it, there are still serious issues with the text that Mr. Loder has been working on. We're continuing to work with him to see if we can get this issue resolved.
When the team comes back from ETS/SBL, I'm sure we'll have more info to share.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1