Map background color

billwing

I've gone into Accordance preferences and set up my map preferences but I can't seem to make "light browns" show up as the default color for the background. My maps always open with vivid colors. When I change map preferences for roads, for instance, the next time I open a map window I see the changes. The map always opens with the vivid colors, no matter what I check. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

The Map preferences only apply when you open a new Map window from the File menu. If you're clicking the Map button on the palette, the first Map background in the list is the one that will be used. I'm guessing that's Vivid Colors. If you move Light Browns to the top of your list of Maps (using the Library window), you'll get that background every time you click.

Hope this helps.

That preference will apply only when you open a new map window from teh File menu. I think you need to make the Light Browns the top background in the Library window/Map pop-up menu, so that when you click the button, that's what you get.

Ha! Must have beat Helen by half-a-second! Doesn't happen very often. ;)

Well, at least the second opnion agreed with the first, even if it was less well written.

Archived