Zones

Fr. Rich

No matter what module I open and no matter how I open it, it opens as a new tab. I much prefer to have dictionaries and second instances of commentaries open in a new zone. How can I accomplish this?

Is your Preferences -> Appearance -> Default number of zones set to a number greater than 1?

Yes. It is set to 4.

Are you using Accordance 10?

If so, close your library (if open) or your tool browser pane (if open) and try again. See if that fixes the problem.

That seems to work. At least I was able to open a second instance of NIGTC. Thanks for the suggestion.

While Dr. J's suggestion worked, it is not a permanent solution for my problem. The only way I can open a tool in new zone is to select something and then amplify and once I have amplified, try to navigate to where I need to be. I cannot just open a module and have it open in a zone instead of opening in a tab.

If your main zone is mixed texts and tools, Accordance assumes you want to continue that pattern. If you only have texts in the first zone, all tools should open in a second zone.

OK. That seems to fix the problem. Thanks, Helen.