"Search All" search scope

Ken Han

I was trying to look up the well-known maxim "Unity in essential things, liberty in nonessential things, and charity in all things." Realizing there are different versions of this maxim, I did a Search All for:

essential <and> unity

In the results that returned, it seems the default search scope is set to "Article" for tools, and it gives me way too many false positives. I don't want to find every article where the two words "essential" and "unity" appear somewhere. A more fitting search scope would be paragraphs. But I can't change the search scope unless I open each flagged result from Search All in a separate pane, change the scope to "Paragraph", and search again.

Is there a way to define the default search scope of Search All the way you can define it for text modules?

And while we're at it, would be possible to add one more search scope of "Sentence" for Search All?

Thanks.

Yes, I could certainly do that. I think my goal was to try to catch with one search (and make that search both broad and narrow enough!) that catches the expression I was after, as well as paragraphs and sentences where the concept is present even though not necessarily the phrase itself.

I think using a range with WITHIN command is probably very similar to what I'm trying to accomplish, with the only caveat being that whatever range I put inside the WITHIN command may or not describe the result I want. I think I was just looking for a shortcut, hoping <and> set to a Paragraph scope will catch what I want without being too specific about the distance between words.