Promoting Accordance for PC users

AlejandroBotta

Every Fall I spend some time explaining Intro. students different software options. Next fall I would like to show Accordance running on a Windows machine using the emulator. Perhaps it would be a good thing to have a direct link for Windows users within the initial Accordance page and to update the information on the emulator (it makes reference to 400Mz machines). I don't know how aggressive Oak Tree pursues the Windows market, but, considering that the Accordance entry package, i.e. what a seminary student would need to do word studies and basic exegesis, is much cheaper than the Windows counterpart, it might be a good idea to create a special page for them (and even to show Accordance on a PC at the SBL!)

We are happy to promote the emulator in any practical way. We have shown Accordance running on a PC at SBL for at least 5 years! We even bought a Dell in order to test and demo the emulator (had to wait until Roy went to Texas before I could place the order, as he could not bear the thought). ;)

We have a flyer about the emulator, I will post it here so you can pass it out to your students.

We have a special page for the emulator on the website, and it appears in the Resource menu on every page. It is hard to know how to make all the pages accessible without cluttering the website.

Last year we completely rewrote the manual for the emulator, and find that if people download it, read it, and follow the steps carefully, the installation and setup are usually very smooth.

However, the world of Windows is still foreign to us, so we are dependent on others for our descriptions of the hardware and software. If anyone has suggestions for changes in the wording of any documentation about the emulator, please email them to me.

Archived