Search button

csonni

I've been enjoying the tutorial videos on using Accordance. One thing I can't figure out. I have set a Default Session for when Accordance starts up (Bible Text window), but how do I get the Search Button-Words to be the default rather than Verses?

To set the default for new windows, go to Preferences: Search window and choose how you want the window to open. However, if you have a default session already, you will need to open it, change the search to be the way you want it (click Words and clear the entry box, for example), and then go back to Preferences: General and resave the default session.

This is strange. I opened my NIV Bible Text window, clicked the Words for search, went to Preferences and selected this as my Default Session, clicked OK, quite Accordance, restarted, and a blank window came up rather than my NIV Text. The Words was selected for searching, but no Bible Text.

Well yes, that's why long ago we made the initial default to come up with Verses and an asterisk in the window so that it displays the entire text. When you open it to search for words, but have no defined search, nothing is displayed.

BTW, I don't recommend you search for * as this will run a search that highlights each word, an unnecessary waste of time unless you are wanting to use the analysis to get stats on the different words in the Bible.

Thank you. That explains it.

Archived