ESV Study Bible

rcdeacon

I have been studying Psalm 119 using my ESVS text and in a separate reference pane located under the text the ESV Study Bible. I believe that the Study Bible notes should follow along as you scroll through the ESVS text but I noticed that the ESV Study Bible notes for Psalm 119 always revert back to the first note on Psalm 119. For instance, I was at Psalm 119:155 and then I looked down at the ESV Study Bible note and it was on the note for Psalm 119. I scrolled the notes to the entry for Psalm 119:155 and after reading the note I began once again to scroll downward through Psalm 119. It only took a scroll or two of the ESVS text and the ESV Study Bible notes reverted back to the initial note on Psalm 119 rather than following along with the text. I'm not sure if this is a problem or not but it would be helpful if the notes would continue to follow as you scroll. Thanks for any help or insight into this issue.

Bob

This may be disconcerting but I am not sure that it is a fault in the text. When synchronizing scrolling of reference tools, Accordance goes to the lowest reference that applies, which works here every time there is a note on a verse. But when there is no specific note, Accordance goes to the next lowest reference which includes the verse, hence it jumps to the psalm title. In some older modules it will actually jump to the top of the book, but we are trying to eliminate these as links. You just need to understand that if Accordance doesn't reveal a note for that verse, it will go to a more comprehensive reference. I understand that this is disconcerting at times.

You just need to understand that if Accordance doesn't reveal a note for that verse, it will go to a more comprehensive reference. I understand that this is disconcerting at times.

Thanks Helen I appreciate you timely answer. I did notice that later in the text (Psalm 119) it seemed to follow as I imagined it would. Oh well, it was certainly not a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination. By the way, do you ever take time off?

Bob

Archived