User Note Font Problems

mpratt

I am using Accordance 7.4.2 and MS Word for Mac:2008 V. 12.2.3. I highlighted and copied text in a word document, opened a new user note in Accordance and pasted the text into the new user note. I updated my notes, closed the window, went to the verse I created the note for, opened the note and it appears as random symbols. I re-saved my word document in .rtf, .txt, html, formats and got the same results. I changed the compatibility in Word to various Word document versions and got the same results. I opened Pages and saved the document in Pages format, did the copy and paste, same result. How do I correct this?

I suspect that this is a similar issue to the one reported here. It sounds like you are saying that the text that you paste into the Edit window does not appear correctly in the Notes window afterwards. You should upgrade to version 8, especially if you are running 10.5 or 10.6.

If the text gets messed up in the Edit window itself, it may be that you are pasting Unicode into it. Aagain, version 8 will handle that much better.

The upgrade is only $39 for the downloaded program, though there may be other disk and module upgrades which apply to you.

Archived