English rendering of Greek fonts when viewing GNT-T and NKJV panes simultaneously

benjpiper

When I run searches of the GNT-T and NKJV by typing in English terms while viewing both texts simultaneously in two different panes everything works fine. But when I find an English term, scan over to the Greek viewing box and identify the Greek term used, then highlight the Greek word and copy and paste it into the search field it is rendered as English with various symbols included in the search box. If I highlight the GNT-T viewing pane and try to type Greek terms directly into the search box my font is in English. A few days ago I was able to type Greek terms directly into the search box in Greek font but I don't know how I did it. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Many thanks,

Ben

The font switches automatically for the search text and whether you are searching for Words or Verses. If the search text is GNT-T and you are searching for words, it will paste Greek into the Entry boc.

A quicker way to run this kind of search is to use the search button on the resource pallet. Just select the Greek word you want in the GNT-T pane, then click the search button on the resource pallet, and it will automatically search the GNT-T for you, show the NKJV in parallel, and make sure the syntax is correct. You could also amplify using the Greek text button in the resource pallet, but that will not automatically show you the NKJV in parallel like the search button will.

Wow! I didn't know that about the search button! I must admit I've kind of ignored it down there. That's one of the reasons I keep an eye on these forums, I keep learning stuff I didn't know.

Thanks, Robb!

Lorinda

Thank you Robb and Helen. The resource palette idea works great! I also figured out what was causing me to not be able to switch between English and Greek fronts. I was changing text versions using the drop down boxes under the search box at the top of each viewing pane. I just noticed that there is another drop down box *above* the search box at the *top* of Accordance window and that if I select the GNT-T in this top box I can type searches in Greek font no problem! I was selecting the GNT-T text in the lower drop down box but the top drop down box was set to the default NKJV. Hence, no ability to use Greek font in the search box.

Ben

Yes, the pop-up menu in the top left of the window is the one that sets the text you are searching. The menu above each pane only sets the text you are viewing in that pane.

Archived