Empty Workspaces when Accordance Starts

Irwyn

Hi,

I'm running Accordance 9.3.3 on an Intel i7 MacBook Pro, OS X 10.6.8. I have my Accordance preferences to start up with the last session. However, every time I start Accordance only the workspace I had on top is populated. I've attached three screen shots to explain what I mean. I was working in my Greek workspace the last time Accordance was open. As you can see the workspace is populated with information. However, the other two workspaces I had open, Hebrew and ESV Study Bible are empty. This isn't sporadic. It occurs every time I open the program. Please advise.

Thanks,

Irwyn

post-16372-043331500 1310390159_thumb.png

post-16372-072419000 1310390167_thumb.png

post-16372-077340700 1310390177_thumb.png

Hi Irwyn,

Could you attach your Startup session file (zipped) so that I could take a look at the issue? Your last session is stored in your '~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences' folder with the name 'Startup session'.

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Hi Irwyn,

Could you attach your Startup session file (zipped) so that I could take a look at the issue? Your last session is stored in your '~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences' folder with the name 'Startup session'.

Mike

Mike,

The Forum is giving me this message, "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file." Do you have an email address I can use to send this file to, or another method of getting it to you?

Irwyn

Hi Irwyn,

I sent you a Private Message with my email address.

Mike

Mike,

The Forum is giving me this message, "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file." Do you have an email address I can use to send this file to, or another method of getting it to you?

Irwyn

• 1 year later...

Hello,

We were never able to resolve the issue as to why I would get empty workspaces pretty regularly when I opened Accordance. I was hoping that the problem would be corrected once I upgraded to Accordance 10. However, the problem is still there. So I'm reviving the issue for some assistance. Attached are two screen shots from today after opening Accordance. While it doesn't prevent me from working, it's still a nuisance to have to reload every tab in the workspace.

Thanks,

Irwyn

post-16372-0-32225100-1346340797_thumb.pngpost-16372-0-76051600-1346340870_thumb.png

Accordance does not run a search when it opens a wprkspace with searches. It fills the space only when you have all text showing. These are not really empty worspaces. They have plenty of tabs and panes. I think the search just needs to be run.

I think this is normal behavior, perhaps a remnant of the days when a search might actually take a few seconds and waste your time, when your intention was to run a different search.

Thanks for your reply Helen. The problem is that I'm not running a search. These are the workspaces I'll have open and in use under normal circumstances. I'll quit the program, and when I start it again one or more of those workspaces are blank. Also, the asterisks are greyed out. So if I want to repopulate the tabs I'll have to retype the asterisk and hit return. It seems to be random as to which workspace it happens to. Of course, I could close all of the workspaces before quitting Accordance, and reopen them upon startup. But I'd rather see if there's a fix or reason as to why the tabs are blank with a greyed out asterisk.

I'm told that if these are old workspaces from years back, they aren't marked as needing to be run. If you run the searches in each tab and resave the workspace, it should then open and run them.

My "default" session now opens to a blank space and I have to press 'enter' to gain the text. A bit awkward. In the past, for example, I would simply open to the section default saved. I viewed it as a bug. Perhaps, I'm missing a setting that would my restore default session ???

WR