Citation Issues

Calvin Lindstrom

It seems that the upgrade to 9.2.1 has caused some issues with the citation feature. Has anyone else experienced problems with this?

The problem that I have noted seems to be at least twofold.

1. The citation is broken up into several lines when posting from lexicons.

2. The citation seems to have a strange way of listing the volume - there are two numbers listed before the colon. I don't think I have seen this before.

It is possible that this is all my fault, but I thought I should raise the issue since has just come to my attention after upgrading.

Can you provide a specific example so I can test the same thing?

Rick,

Try doing a citation from either HALOT or NIDOTTE. These are the two works that were giving me problems yesterday. Thanks.

Just tested with 9.2.1 and both NIDOTTE and HALOT. Everything worked as expected. See here:

post-5629-097224400 1298734507_thumb.png

What word processor are you using? Can you provide a screen shot to show me what it looks like?

I am using Word 2011. I was not having problems with citations until I upgraded to 9.2.1.

I noticed that I am having problems also with BDAG as can be noted in the screenshot.

post-1778-097225400 1298736300_thumb.png

I'll check this out. You're using Turabian whereas I was using SBL, but that shouldn't matter. Since I got Word 2011 it crashes everytime I launch it

Fixed Word 2011, and everything works.

post-5629-007259200 1298737198_thumb.png

I can confirm that the issue occurs when Unicode export is not used, i.e. when using our native fonts for export of Greek/Hebrew. I'll ask one of our programmers to look into this as it should not be occurring.

However, I strongly encourage using Unicode for all original language work.

Rick,

Thanks for your help. I made the change to my preferences (export as unicode) and that has seemingly fixed the issue I was having. There seems to be some change from 9.2 to 9.2.1, but it may be a font issue.

Calvin

• 3 months later...

Thank you, Accordance, for 9.3.3. Several issues I had with previous versions have been solved. I can also now paste Hebrew Unicode much better into Word 2011, even though Word doesn't do a very good job generally with Unicode fonts. Your dedication to excellence continues to be evident.

Thank you. Yes, there were many issues to deal with in exporting Citations and Unicode. We hope we have it all working better now.

Archived