Can't Install Version 8 -- Please help!!

Tom Castle

Hey folks. I'm going to upgrade to Version 8. However, I have a new computer that I want to install it to instead of my old one (I'm giving to my daughter without Accordance on it).

My question is: Do I have to install version 7 on my new computer and THEN download the upgrade OR Can I download the upgraded installer and install my entire Library?

Thanks.

Either will work, but even better to just copy your Accordance folder and the preferences in your user, and then upgrade it.

Thanks Helen.

Hey everyone. I've never had any problems installing Accordance. However, I'm trying to get updated to ver. 8 without any luck. Heres what I did (Helen, I can't copy files from my old computer since I deleted everything without a good backup - bleh)...

I installed Library 7 premier directly with the CDs. Library 7 installed without issue. I didn't install all the extra stuff I have (this is my 7th time trying to get this installed today). I just wanted to get the basic Library installed. All was well. I then proceeded to do the upgrade via the 8.0.2 installer. Seemingly everything is fine. Until I try to change bible versions and/or another module. Then I get the result in picture 1. I deleted the Accordance prefs folder and restarted the app. Attempting to do the setup, I get the result in Picture 2.

Does anyone have any ideas?

MacBookPro - Intel Core 2 Duo - OS X 10.5.4 -- All software upgrades done..

Try deleting the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance preferences folder.

Try deleting the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance preferences folder.

Did that too... Several times. No joy. (just tried again for giggles)

Ok Helen. I tried it again after posting. This time, when I launched Accordance, it prompted me to "Add My First Module". I added KJVS and it opened in a workspace.

No other modules available at this time. (Although, I can see them in Finder)

Attempting to feed of my new found luck of manually adding a single module... I clicked and held on the Star in the Resource Palette and selected Add Module. Nothing happens. I've been at this since Saturday morning at 10:30. I'm going to bed.

I really hope this can be worked out.

Attempting to feed of my new found luck of manually adding a single module... I clicked and held on the Star in the Resource Palette and selected Add Module. Nothing happens. I've been at this since Saturday morning at 10:30. I'm going to bed.

I really hope this can be worked out.

Sigh sigh sigh

Archived