Accordance & ESV Online Study Bible

William Cross

The new ESV Online Study Bible is awesome. The way some of the user interface elements interact with the text would be neat to see in Accordance.

William,

I have the ESV Study Bible on Accordance! Start with the ESVS tagged text so it will highlight Greek & Hebrew words in other tools and the info panel at the bottom. Then you can add on this:

http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=ESV+Study+Bible

Then open up the ESV cross-references in another panel, arrange them how you like, and save it all as a workspace. You can then save that to your favorite workspaces in the library palette. I usually keep that workspace open underneath my personalized workspace so I can refer to it as necessary. I suppose the only think this is lacking compared to the online version from Crossway is the ability to listen to the audio version, but then you might be able to use Mac's ability to electronically read text.

The new ESV Online Study Bible is awesome. The way some of the user interface elements interact with the text would be neat to see in Accordance.

I too have the Accordance ESV Study Bible. I guess I was just enjoying the GUI of the online version. The way the tabs and various elements worked together including the audio, ribbon bookmarks, the devotional guide, resources and their unified integration. I know in the past I had read of others in the forum here wanting to see the GUI enhanced. Anyway, just some thoughts. As the availability of Biblical texts and study tools increases on the internet I think Accordance will continue to keep pace ahead of the pack.

Archived