Smart Languages

jwritebol

Currently in my Workspace I have three columns set up with a different translation of the text in each column (ESVS, NAS95S, and then one for an original language module). I would like to be able to save a set when I search for a particular passage by the original language module recognizing whether I am searching an OT or a NT text and pulling up the appropriate module to fit that text.

For instance if I search for Genesis 3 I would get it on my ESV and NASB but I would like the language section to know "this is an OT text and I should pull up the BHS-W4". If I search for Romans 11 it would know to go Greek on me and get the GNT-T.

Is it possible? It's not necessary, but would be fun to have. Thanks guys!

Like you, I hoped for this feature. I did not find it, but found a simple work around. The key is to select "workspace with tabs" in the general settings window of preferences. I have one tab set up for OT study with Hebrew in the original language column. I have another tab set similarly but with Greek text in the original language column. This avoids reselecting the original language text each time you switch from OT to NT studies.

Not quite perfect, but closer for me.

Archived