Major Commentary Series

Helen Brown

We are thrilled to announce the long awaited releases of the Hermeneia and NAC Commentary series, as well as major upgrades to the Pillar and NIGTC commentaries on the Eerdmans Reference CD-ROM release 3.

Hermeneia—A Critical and Historical Commentary on the Bible

Unique, authoritative, indispensable, the Hermeneia series from Augsburg Fortress has in a generation produced many of the most influential and informative commentaries on the Bible in the English language. This edition includes 43 published volumes, with a print value of over $2,650. For convenience of use the volumes are divided into 8 modules, which are all included in the price of the CD-ROM.

Hermeneia 2.0 for Mac (though it is the first release with Accordance) will in early August. Many of you have been waiting a long time for this announcement, and so have we! At last you can place your orders
here
:

See
Article
for fuller description of the volumes.

The New American Commentary series is an exceptionally acclaimed resource for ministers and Bible students who want to understand and expound the Scriptures. Notable features in each volume include:

• Commentary based on the New International Version (NIV available for unlocking).

• Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the original languages.

• Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole.

• Readable and applicable exposition.

"The strength of the New American Commentary is that it genuinely focuses on what the text says. This does not mean that the authors are out of touch with the vast array of secondary literature; rather it means they are committed to putting first things first. Pastors and Bible teachers will be grateful for this resource for years to come."

D.A. Carson,
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School

"The scholarship behind The New American Commentary is first rate, but the books are written clearly enough for ordinary people to understand them....These books bring out something of the profound meaning of the original writers".

Leon Morris,
Melbourne, Australia

38 published NAC volumes are available on this CD-ROM, including 7 previously unavailable in electronic form. You can purchase the entire set in one module, or select just the part you need, from the two major modules, or the 8 modules containing 2 to 6 volumes each.

NAC will ship before the end of the month. Choose the modules
here
:

See
Article
for complete list of the volumes included in each module.

Eerdmans Reference CD-ROM release 3

This upgrade adds page numbers to the NIGTC and Pillar Commentaries, and a 9th volume to those available for Pillar. The upgrade options are:

• Upgrade from Pillar NTC including CD (requires version 8)...$30 (adds page numbers and the new volume)

• Eerdmans Reference CD-ROM release 3 (requires version 8)...$10 (adds page numbers, and allows new unlocks)

• Pillar NTC - 2 Peter and Jude (Peter H. Davids)...$30 (unlock only this volume, requires CD-ROM)

• Pillar NTC-2 with 9 current volumes...$269 (new purchase)

will ship before the end of the month.

• 4 years later...

I am wondering ...

When I look at Hermeneia on the Augsburg Fortress website there are 43 volumes in the OT and 32 in the NT. Specifically I am working on Genesis and the Accordance module does not have this volume. Also looking at the Interpreters Commentary on Genesis and it is not available on Accordance.

Can I purchase these CD's in other formats and import them into Accordance?

Short answer Yes but this WOULD BE A LONG PROCESS….. To do this you would need to make it as a user tool, I have long thought it might be cool to place the New Interpreter's Bible into ACCORDANCE but I decided that would beyond my comfort level for length of time to do it. There is no way I am aware of to quickly import text. Fortunately for me NIB is coming to Accordance, though a time frame is not set as to when it might be released. I was told by another company they had hope to have NIB released in their format by the end of the year, but that time frame is very tentative.

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

I am wondering ...

When I look at Hermeneia on the Augsburg Fortress website there are 43 volumes in the OT and 32 in the NT. Specifically I am working on Genesis and the Accordance module does not have this volume. Also looking at the Interpreters Commentary on Genesis and it is not available on Accordance.

We don't recommend trying this; it would't be worth your time, nor would it work correctly (hyperlinks etc).

For what it's worth Hermeneia doesn't have a volume on Genesis; you're seeing the one from the older Continental series. We will be getting NIB, but no word on release.

Edited by Rick Bennett

We will be getting NIB, but no word on release.

I know and I am trying to be very good about not asking what I know you cannot say with any certainty … I was shocked when the head of the other company told me it was being actively processed and they were hoping to have it out by a date in late fall. He did write me again and told me it was an internal date and reminded me something almost always happens to delay big projects… I know one item I have been waiting for the a BCP collection keeps getting moved further and further back… I honestly will be surprised if that set is released by years end. All things in good time.

-Dan

• 3 weeks later...

If I own Pillar and NIGTC (purchased around six months ago), is there an upgrade/refresh I can buy for an Easy Install (versus CD)?

Thanks, Steve

Thanks Helen, So if I buy the $10 Eerdman's "CD" with "unlock codes" I will be able to update via EZ install my existing NIGTC and Pillar content?

As long as you have them installed the updated versions should pop up in the update screen.

-Dan

All CDs are old, we haven't made one in years, so it won't update anything.

Thanks Dan... I definitely own Pillar and NIGTC resources but knowing showing up on the update screen. Perhaps they will appear towards the end of the month.

Helen, Yes, that is why I asked about and mentioned EZ Install in my last post. If no CD's made in years, it can sure be confusing when coming across this:

Eerdmans Reference CD-ROM release 3

This upgrade adds page numbers to the NIGTC and Pillar Commentaries, and a 9th volume to those available for Pillar. The upgrade options are:

• Upgrade from Pillar NTC including CD (requires version 8)...$30 (adds page numbers and the new volume)
  • Eerdmans Reference CD-ROM release 3 (requires version 8)...$10 (adds page numbers, and allows new unlocks)
  • Pillar NTC - 2 Peter and Jude (Peter H. Davids)...$30 (unlock only this volume, requires CD-ROM)
  • Pillar NTC-2 with 9 current volumes...$269 (new purchase)

Eerdmans Reference CD-ROM release 3 will ship before the end of the month.