Adding User Notes and User Tools back into the library

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

To set the stage for my question, this is an attempt to recover my user notes and tools following an abortive attempt to enable DropBox support. I was doing this in preparation for cross-platform sync tests with the new Windows beta, but I got nowhere near that.

What happened was I linked to my DropBox account and things seemed to go ok, the Apps -> Accordance DropBox folder was created. But there was no content in it. I had chosen to do a manual sync so I could see what appeared where on a sync. Anyhow nothing appeared. I then tried a second manual sync - still nothing, though I saw the friendly little dialog telling me it was doing some 20 tasks. Ok so I went and check the source - my user notes and tools under the Accordance Files dir. Empty ! Oooops. I unlinked DropBox and began recovery operations.

I pulled them back from TM with Acc down and booted Acc again. It failed to find my highlights - I don't use many but I had some - ooops again. I shutdown Acc and pulled back my highlight files. Then booted Acc again. Now I can see my highlights and I can see my tools and notes in the file system but I cannot see entries for them under My Notes and My Tools. Oooops thrice. Now if it were a regular module I'd remove it and hit Easy Install but they aren't. I assume, partly because of the fact that my session was not restored to what it was before my DropBox setup attempt. So I assume something is busted in the library config somewhere, but I don't know which file that is nor what else is likely to be impacted by a restore.

So any thoughts on how to get these tools and notes reintegrated into the library with out recreation ?

Thx

D

OK so it turns out this is not that hard. If you just double click on the file in the finder Accordance opens it. Then I just had to set the tool formatting and that was that.

Thx

D