ver. 8.0.1 Dismisses after Print Command Issued

danieleburrow

Greetings unto those Whose Coding Skills are only Surpassed by their Love for Our Christ Jesus!

The link provided below is a screen-cast capture that illustrates how the application dismisses itself after being issued the print command.

Accordance 8.0.1 Dismisses after Print Command Issued

Thanks unto you all for your ardent love for Christ being what motivates each of you to be joyful coders and happy servants as an highly regarded team of Mac professionals.

Joyfully About Our Father's Business,

Daniel

(Psalm 1)

Have you tried resetting the Print Settings in the same menu, before hitting Print?

Have you tried resetting the Print Settings in the same menu, before hitting Print?

Greetings and Thanks for Such a Rapid Reply!

Yes, I did. And, no, it did not correct the bad behavior.

Joyfully,

Daniel

Greetings and Thanks for Such a Rapid Reply!

Yes, I did. And, no, it did not correct the bad behavior.

Joyfully,

Daniel

Daniel,

Which Intel Mac is this? iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc? If you would click on the "More Info" button in your "About this Mac" window and copy the Hardware Overview section in the System Profiler. For example, the Hardware Overview section for my Intel iMac mine shows....

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09

SMC Version: 1.9f4

Serial Number: QP718113VUW

Thanks,

Scott.

Daniel,

Which Intel Mac is this? iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc? If you would click on the "More Info" button in your "About this Mac" window and copy the Hardware Overview section in the System Profiler. For example, the Hardware Overview section for my Intel iMac mine shows....

[snipped to shorten]

Thanks,

Scott.

Greetings My Brother,

It's is an iMac. Peeking under the hood reveals:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03

SMC Version: 1.20f4

Serial Number: W8743CBEX85

Thanks!

Daniel

(Psalm 100)

Daniel,

I am able to reproduce this crash on Intel iMacs only. However, we have some other printing bugs we are working on that may be causing a crash on the iMac versus incorrect behavior on other Macs. Thanks for reporting this.

Scott.

Daniel,

A followup question. Are you printing to an HP printer by any chance?

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

Yes, well, attempting to at any rate--ha!

It is an "HP psc 1210xi all-in-one"

The printer was gifted to me by my brother-in-law after watching me sweat bullets every time I attempted to print my sermon notes and handouts with my former printer dubbed "Beelzebub".

Daniel,

This confirms my suspicion that there is some type of issue being introduced with the combination of Intel iMacs, Accordance 8.x, HP Printers, and Mac OS X 10.5.x. If I physically change the printer connected to my Intel iMac to a from a HP printer to a Canon printer I have, then printing works correctly. Unfortunately, the debugging backtraces I'm seeing when Accordance crashes are inside the system supplied HP printer drivers and not in Accordance code. Doesn't mean its not an Accordance bug, but it does mean there is no quick or easy fix short of trying another brand of printer.

Thanks,

Scott.

We have corrected some printing issues with version 8.0.2 which I am about to post on line.

We are aware of crashes with certain HP printers, Intel iMac, OS 10.5.3, and the Intel version of Accordance. We have not yet found a workaround except to switch to a different printer driver (in another program) so that Accordance accesses that printer driver rather than the one that Apple supplies with Leopard for HP printers. You could print to a PDF, then later print the PDF.

Please let us know if you are able to work around this problem.

Greetings and Thanks Unto You for Your Evident Compassion for Those in Our Father's Fields!

I happily installed the upgrade and then ran through the routine described earlier. And, as you most likely expected, the same occurred--poof and gone.

As to a workaround, I am able to attach to my wife's Okidata (Japanese noun dating to the age of Tyrannosaurus) OkiPage 6e and print. Hallelujah!

How very good of our Father to have given unto us such fine stewards of brain talent and heart desire as you and yours. Press on dear saints and ambassadors.

Daniel

(Titus 2:1)

Excellent. Now that your Mac recognizes the driver for the Okidata, you mat be able to select that driver in another program, even when it is not connected to your iMac, and then print to PDF in Accordance, and then print the PDF on your HP.

Daniel,

I have found a workaround that is allowing me to successfully print from Accordance 8.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.5.3 using my HP printer. It involves reinstalling your HP printer but choosing a different printer driver. Here are the steps I followed....

1. Quit Accordance if running. Also make sure your printer is on and connected.

2. Open "System Preferences"

3. Choose the "Print & Fax" preference pane.

4. Delete your current HP printer from the list on the lefthand side of the preference pane by first selecting it in the list and then clicking on the "-" button below the list. Confirm the deletion.

5. Now add a new printer by clicking the "+" button under the list.

6. Select your HP printer from the list in the window that appears. It will take a moment for the information about the printer to appear in the bottom of the window while it searches for printer drivers.

7. Change your printer driver by clicking on the "Print Using:" popup control and choosing a different printer driver rather than the default HP one. For my printer, Accordance crashes if I use the HP supplied one for my printer called "HP Inkjet 3.3.1". If I choose the "HP Deskjet 970C - Gutenprint v5.1.3" which is another choice then Accordance prints successfully.

8. After choosing the printer driver, click the "Add" button in the window.

You should now be able to print without crashing.

This printer driver may not be as full featured as the original HP one, so an alternative is to add your printer again to the printer list without deleting it as in step 4. You will have two different versions of your printer and you will have to make sure you've chosen the right one when printing from Accordance.

Hope this helps,

Scott.

<<< snipped >>>>>>

I have found a workaround that is allowing me to successfully print from Accordance 8.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.5.3 using my HP printer. It involves reinstalling your HP printer but choosing a different printer driver. Here are the steps I followed....

You should now be able to print without crashing.

<<<< end of snipped >>>>>

Scott.

THIS WORKAROUND WORKS--FANTASTICAL!

How good of God to have given unto you such tenacity to push through until a solution was discovered.

Thank you my dear brother.

Daniel

(Titus 2:11-12)

Daniel,

You are welcome. Glad it works for you.

Scott.

Archived