Pin Bible to Toolbar

Dr. Nathan Parker

Is there a way to pin my favorite Bible to the toolbar or somewhere else in Accordance where I can always get instant access to it?

Thanks!

Hi Nathan,

I don't know of a way to do exactly this.

But you could :

1. Set the Search tab preference for your preferred text to the one you want. Then File -> Workspace would bring it up, or,

2. You could create and save a workspace with that text in it. Then make that a favourite w/s and then add the Workspaces icon to the toolbar. Then you could open that ws from the toolbar dropdown list of the Workspaces icon, or,

3. You could just put that bible at the top of your list of texts in you Library which would make it easy to find there.

There are probably other things - but that's a few to try.

thx

D

Perhaps not quite the way you are thinking, but there are several things you can do to give yourself easy access to your favorite Bible:

-Make sure it is at the top of the Texts list in your Library

-There are several preferences settings that allow you to specify default texts for hyperlinks and the like. Look for text preference settings in the following Preferences panes: Tool Display, User Notes Display, Search Tabs (selects the default text for a new search tab), Parallels Tabs (note that there are different settings for each of the parallels tools), and Timeline Display

-The New icon and the File>New menu item both include sub-menus for "Recent modules" your favorite text may be accessible there. If not, it will be under the appropriate Texts section.

Lorinda

Another thing you can do is use a shortcut. CMD-N will open your default Bible from wherever you are in the program, including a blank screen.

The top Bibles (or texts) in your Library already have built-in keyboard shortcuts, as you can see from this screenshot. Just select a text pane and type the keyboard shortcut (Control+[digit]) to access that Bible.

BTW, the same trick works for the top ten tools in any category folder: if a zone containing that category is open, select it and type the keyboard shortcut to switch to another tool in the same category.

Enjoy!

post-29215-0-83172300-1396887725_thumb.png

Just as a rider...the "Top Bible" shortcuts don't work in windows as the CTRL key has a different function (i.e. the CMD key in Mac)

IIRC you use Alt+number key to do the same function on Windows, though I may be wrong.

Thanks everyone for the excellent info! I'll try many of the various suggestions and see what all I like. The CMD+N shortcut is a great one to memorize. Might be the one I use a lot.

Right now about to go watch the latest issue of Lighting the Lamp so I can learn even more Accordance tips. :-)