Anglicised NRSV

David Leighton

Would it be possible to have the Anglicised version of the NRSV?

• Like 3

I do you one better can we have the Anglicized NRSV with the Oxford Cross references ;)....

New Revised Standard Version Anglicized Cross-Reference Edition by Martin H. Manser, Bruce M. Metzger and John Barton (Apr 3 2003)

-Dan

• Like 1

Anglicised anything would be good. NIV, ESV, never a Holman I presume ( :) )

• Like 2

also tagged and I still think the oxford annotated bible notes in another thread are required as well as cross reference in the volume you highlighted.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Oxford-Annotated-Bible-Apocrypha-ebook/dp/B00GGJR8C2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413661157&sr=8-1&keywords=oxford+annotated+bible

;o)

• Like 1

The NOAB can not get here fast enough and it is very odd... Accordance has the Jewish Study Bible, the Jewish Annotated New Testament, Scofield Reference Bible, and the Catholic Study Bible. Yet Accordance is missing NOAB.... indeed it is also missing the REB Oxford Study Bible but then it has not the same prominence as NOAB. It is very sad that the only way you can get this is in Kindle or get the third augmented edition in Wordsearch.

-dan

I have the NOAB NRSV 4e next to my desk, it is about two inches thick and the pages are wafer thin.

The NRSV is the recommended version for theology students at Oxford, and the NOAB was recommended as a study Bible worth having.

I cannot compare it to any other study Bible I know with the possible exception of my original NIV study Bible from about 20 years ago. Even then, the notes are more scholarly, and not "life application" or "apologetic" or "recovery" or any such agenda. It is useful, of course, but I suspect that the majority of Accordance users would be better served with the existing supply of study Bibles or dictionaries or commentaries.

Then again, maybe I would use it more if it was available in Accordance.

Just to get back on the topic of this thread, yes, Anglicised everything would be great!

Most universities recommend the NOAB (although I have heard of a few recommending Harper Collin's Study Bible). I just wish this important resource could finds it;s way into Accordance.

-Dan

PS: Oh yes Anglicised text would be nice but NOAB is desperately needed. ;)

• Like 1

(Harper Collin's Study Bible).

I've heard the HarperCollins Bible Dictionary is highly recommended.

Thumbs up!:

Would it be possible to have the Anglicised version of the NRSV?

No, I would not want the other Anglicised English Bible versions mentioned. An Anglicised 1971 2nd Edition RSV would be great to have though as that would be something I would use A LOT:

Just to get back on the topic of this thread, yes, Anglicised everything would be great!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Moving this to module requests.

• Like 1