Search Question

ddoyle777

I'm wondering why this search didn't work.

(Jesus, Christ) <WITHIN 100 Words> (anger, angry)

No verses returned.

I'm searching the ESV and I know Mat 3:5 fits. I wanted to see if there were any other passages.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Do you perhaps mean Mark 3:5?

The reason your search isn't working is that Accordance defaults to find multiple search criteria within the same verse, and in Mark 3:5-6 "anger" and "Jesus" are in separate verses. Try opening the More Options section of the Search window and changing the "Search within every" pop-up menu from "Verse" to "Paragraph." That should do the trick.

Thanks David,

The switch to paragraph was what I was missing. I should know better than to try to add something last minute on a Sunday!

I'm wondering why this search didn't work. 

(Jesus, Christ) <WITHIN 100 Words> (anger, angry)

No verses returned.

I'm searching the ESV and I know Mat 3:5 fits.  I wanted to see if there were any other passages.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Interestingly, I looked up these words this morning after church!

Consider searching also for wrath when using english translations as the Greek word can be translated anger or wrath when a noun or angry or furious (among others) when a verb.

Also, consider searching for Lamb as well as Jesus and you'll find a verse in Revelation. If God is included then other verses will be found.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Nick,

I actually finished my search in the Greek, so I got the info I needed.

I was just wondering why my English search didn't turn up the verse I was looking at.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Archived