Paste and match formatting

ryangeer

I couldn't find anything about this on the forum already. I'm trying to copy and then past/match in Mac Word but the option isn't available when copying from Accordance. Is there a workaround for this? I've abandoned pages since the most recent iteration, so this is the first time having to deal with MS Word...

Have you tried the keyboard shortcut command+option+shift+V to paste what you have copied? I don't have Word on this computer, so can't test it just now, but at least within other Mac apps, that works to match target formatting.

Yes and it works perfectly on anything except MSWord. If I copy from Accordance and then switch to Word, that menu option is actually greyed out. It works fine if I copy to Word from any other app though.

I was just going to say that it's possible, and that I had assigned a shortcut key to it when I noticed it was working for my sample of text copied from Safari, but not Accordance. We'll look into this.

By the way, I recommend Joe's script library, which includes a Word plugin.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem. I noticed that when I have a chunk of Accordance text copied to the clipboard and I exit Word it asks if I want to have that picture available to other programs so it appears that Word thinks the Accordance text is a picture for some reason.

This isn't an issue copying from any other application, only Accordance. Is there something in the copy command that triggers this?

I'm on Accordance 11.0.6 and Word for Mac 2011 14.5.1 on a 13" Macbook Air mid 2013 running OS X 10.10.3

If you are working with MS Word for Mac (2011), choose "Paste Special" (Cmd+Cntrl+V) and select "Unformatted Text."

If you have MS for Word (2015 [Preview)], you can select "Paste and Match Formatting (Cmd+Opt+Shift+V).

Yes, that's what I'm doing now. It isn't horrible but it is an extra steps to Paste Special then Unformatted Text. It would be nice to just go straight to it. So Word 2015 for Mac will work properly? Depending on the price, I may have to upgrade. Thanks.

Yes, it's working well and very nice to be able to save that extra step.

Word is one of the few programs I use constantly, so I stay up to date on it. I decided to pay a $9.99/month subscription price for Word, so I got the preview Mac and PC program for 5 family computers as well as the iPhone/iPad apps. It's about the same price as I used to pay every two years to upgrade the program on all the family computers.

I wish I could report that MS has also made substantial progress on RTL languages, but it ain't so.

There's a little mac utility that is only a few dollars (and has a free trial) that will meet your needs perfectly.  It has paste and match between all apps and many other uses.

Popclip.  https://pilotmoon.com/popclip/

I find it indispensable esp. with Accordance. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

Awesome! I'll take a look. Love that it has a free trial so I can see if it is what I'm looking for. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Paul: PopClip is wonderful. Can you say a bit more about how you use it with Accordance?