ROM Chip

Dr. Nathan Parker

I've been reading through the Emulator Manual & it says that while the ROM is freely accessible if you wish to own an actual physical Apple ROM chip for the emulator you can. Is there any way I could obtain one? While I know that the ROM is freely accessible & that Apple doesn't care about our use of it (besides I'm in pretty good standing with Apple), it'd be nice to have a physical copy of the ROM chip on hand just in case I ever needed it. With previous copyright dealings in the past, if there's a way I could obtain one please let me know.

Thanks!

Nathan

We did find a supplier who promised them to us for about $10 each: Wegener Media. However, they have not given us a link to that item on their website, so you will just have to call or email them with your request.

We did find a supplier who promised them to us for about $10 each: Wegener Media. However, they have not given us a link to that item on their website, so you will just have to call or email them with your request.

Thanks a bunch! I've just emailed them with my request. I'm sure I'll never have to use it to show I own a Mac ROM, but since I've had people make some rude comments to me in the past over copyright laws (actually I was giving a document to a company so they could produce the software app, & I used a few of their trademarks since they were going to produce it, & I got a very threatening letter back about my use of their copyrights), it would be nice to have the physical ROM just in case.

Thanks again!

Nathan

Archived