English texts on different devices

AdrianD

Hello,

I have Accordance 10 with the Starter Collection and Accordance Scholars 9 Essential Collection. I notice on my iMac I have more English Texts than on my other devices (Air, iPhone, iPad). I'm particularly interested in having the NIV on my Air as I often prepare sermons on this machine and I prefer to preach from the NIV. However, the NIV does not seem to be available in Easy Install. How can I get the NIV on my laptop?

For your iOS devices, an easy way is to "Synch with Mobile Device" found in the Accordance menu to the right of the Apple at the top of your screen: file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/02_install_etc/sync_to_mobile_devices.htm

For your laptop you can transfer your file like you would any other file (USB drive, LAN, DropBox, etc) and put it in the Texts folder (Library>Application Support>Modules>Texts). Then add it to your Library within Accordance by double clicking the file or going to the Library pane in the program, clicking the + sign at the bottom left and navigating to the folder with the module NIV-G/K.

This all assumes that you have the NIV-G/K from a purchase some time ago. I believe that it is no longer available for purchase, as it has been superseded by NIV11-G/K.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Michael for responding so quickly and thoroughly! This great! Yes. It's NIV11-G/K. I'll install it now.

Adrian - If your Macs are running Mountain Lion, you can also easily move stuff between your computers with AirDrop. Works really well. I used to just log on to one machine from the other using our home ethernet system, but with AirDrop, I can do it wirelessly, and it's fast.

• Like 1