Screen bleed when details generated as a tab

Steve King

Not sure is this is an already known issue. When selecting details after a search I sometimes get some strange screen bleed or loss of information. This only seems to happen if the details screen is automatically created as a tab. If it is automatically created as a zone it seems OK.

Also when it creates a tab you cannot select another details option which you can do when it creates a zone.

I am running 9.0.3 on Macbook pro, intel OS X 10.6.4

The first screen shot shows that after selecting the details it has created a tab in the left hand zone but 'lost' information on the pane headings within that zone.

When I switch to the details tab the pane close icons and change orientation icons show through (see next screen shot).

When I change tabs the screens sort themselves out but I still cannot select a different details graph within the details tab. Hope that makes sense.

Details cannot coexist within the same zone as other content. Either they must be in a separate zone, or a separate window like in v8 and prior. Somehow you found a way around that! What did you do to get the details to appear in the same tab as other content?

Another user reported this tonight. He is set to use only one zone. We will fix it ASAP.

Does anybody experiencing this issue have a reproducible method to getting the details to appear in the same zone as other non-details tabs? In all of our testing, if the user is set to only one zone, or there isn't room, the details simply open in a new workspace.

Does anybody experiencing this issue have a reproducible method to getting the details to appear in the same zone as other non-details tabs? In all of our testing, if the user is set to only one zone, or there isn't room, the details simply open in a new workspace.

Hi Joel

I have managed to recreate this. Hopefully you can follow. It is something to do with sessions.

I have a saved session where I have two workspaces linked to each other. The first workspace is with the three zones and the ESVS linked to other tabs in the zones (see screen shot). In my case the zone preference is set to '4' so in theory you would expect it to create an extra zone.

The second workspace is a set of commentaries that are also linked to the ESVS on the first workspace (See next screen shot)

If I open the session then the problem occurs. However if I open the ESVS workspace (first screen shot) as a workspace only then the details are generated as a zone.

I tested this out by setting up new workspaces/sessions and recreated it. I went through a number of permutations and you just need to have multiple workspaces in a saved session (they do not have to be 'tied'). If you have multiple workspaces but they have not been opened from a saved session then it will work OK.

While going through this process I also hit another issue which was that when I got a fourth zone displayed if I then tried to close that zone then Accordance crashed. This would happen with multiple or single workspaces. It just had to have a fourth zone created (I tried amending the zone preference to 5 but it still crashed on 4).

Thank you for the careful detective work. I confirm that reopening multiple workspaces, even with single zones in them, causes details to appear in the same zone.

I belive we alreafy found and fixed the closing 4th zone crash.

• 1 month later...

I have been having similar problems with Accordance. The orientation button and window closing button bleed through. See screenshots for details.

post-29902-082514700 1290854985_thumb.jpg

post-29902-077100600 1290855014_thumb.jpg

Archived