7.4 Text Pallet Bug?

Robb B

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but in 7.4 I noticed the behavior of the text pallet has changed (while running 10.4.10). Before (7.3 and earlier), it used to remember the last item you selected and apply that when clicked. For example, I chose the color Red from the color drop down, the next time I clicked on text and clicked the text color menu, it would change my text to red. Now it changes it to whatever the current selected text's format already is. I prefer it the old way, because now I have to choose the correct color/font/size every time from the list since it no longer retains my last selection.

This is not a bug, it is an update to the behavior of the menus so that the check mark can indicate the font and color currently in use in your selection. They were not doing that, which actually was non-standard behavior.

For quick application of a font/size/style combination I prefer the Copy and Paste Style options in the Copy as submenu, using the command-[ and command-] shortcuts.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try the new method you suggested with copy/paste style.

Archived