I bought NIDNTTE for $159 pre-order today

Unix

... 48 minutes ago. I expect to be very pleased with it. Last day of the offer is tomorrow, Friday Dec. 5. 2014: http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=NIDNTTE
Great to have the best "lexicons".

• Like 1

It's a major revision of NIDNTT edited by Colin Brown, but most people haven't yet seen a copy to evaluate.

Martin,

NIDNTT (by Brown) and the new, revised NIDNTTE (by Silva) are both better than TDNT (in my opinion). The methodology in TDNT is suspect, so most scholars simply mine it for data and ignore its conclusions. It is also now quite dated.

NIDNTT focuses more on the biblical material and, from my point of view, is generally more readable and more useful than TDNT. I often recommend it to pastors looking for insights into Greek words. NIDNTTE (forthcoming in Accordance) is said to be greatly expanded and rewritten. It now also includes a great deal of exegesis (the "E") in the title of the revised work.

• Like 2

There's been some discussion already on a Facebook group called "Nerdy Language Majors," where some insights have already been offered as to the difference--I think you can probably search your way there.