Instant Detail info for User Notes

Tom

I might be missing something, but it doesn't seem like you can get the verse to display in the Instant Details box for passages that you create using the Scripture Link feature in the User Notes like you can in other tools. Is that correct? In other words, after creating a Scripture link in a user note, updating it, then mousing over the reference, the cursor turns into a magnifying glass, but the Instant Details box does not appear (my setting) and display the verse (like it does in other reference works).

Am I missing something? If not, that might be a nice feature to add. If I am, than can someone explain how to do this?

Thanks, Tom

On my version the verses only display in the instant details from User Notes when my search text is an English Bible. Anytime I switch to Greek or Hebrew search texts I do not get the verses in instant details. This behavior is the same in version 6 as it is in version 7.

On my version the verses only display in the instant details from User Notes when my search text is an English Bible. Anytime I switch to Greek or Hebrew search texts I do not get the verses in instant details. This behavior is the same in version 6 as it is in version 7.

Let me get this straight. Are you saying that you can be typing an entry into your own personal user notes and (1) type in a scripture reference, then (2) select "Make Scripture link" so it becomes an underlined blue text, (3) save the entry, and then (4) when you read your newly created entry and mouse over the scripture link, the cursor turns into a magnifying glass and you can read the text of the scripture reference down in your instant details box?

I can not do this. If you can please (someone) tell me how. Oaktree is this possible? Is this a feature worth adding if it can't be done?

Tom,

That is precisely what I am saying. I create a user note, click "Update" after making appropriate Scripture links. Then go into my workspace, and either open the note in parallel with Bible texts or as a separate tab, and the cursor turns into a magnifying glass and I can read the Scripture link texts in the instant details box as long as my search text is an English Bible.

You might check your primary and secondary texts in your preferences and make sure they are set up correctly and also are English texts. Mine are NAS95S and NRSV. Other than that, I'm not sure why your verses wouldn't show up in the instant details box. As a side note, the cursor does not turn into a magnifying glass or show the Bible text in instant details when I am in an edit user note window.

HTH,

Robb,

Thanks for the reply. You have helped me to find the answer.

The difference is that I have version 1 texts of my translations (NAB, KJV, NSRV) and they do not show the verse texts when moused over.

I guess another reason to update. I can't use the "List Texts Differences" either with the older versions. My NIV-G/K text does work, and I may use that, for now, as my default lookup text.

Thanks again for your help.

This is a good reminder that many new features DO require updated Bible texts. All texts since 2004 are updated, including those on the Bible Unlock 2 CD. Most update CDs are only $10, if you already have the program upgrade.

Archived