Question about the new info pane

davidmedina

I must say this is by far my favorite new feature of Acc 11. To me, just this features makes it "brilliant" and worth the upgrade. :) The information displayed is very useful.

I do have few questions about it.

the commentaries that the info pane shows, it shows just four until we click the plus sign below them. What determines what four shows there? Relevance? (which would be awesome) or is the order set by the order we have prioritize our commentaries in the library?

Thanks for this new update! Loving it so far and it is definitively a great direction.

The order is set by your Library, and the initial number can be set in the Command-T (or Gear -> Set Info Pane Display) dialog.

Cool. Thanks Joel.

ps... is the Mobile app coming out soon? Pretty please say yes... :) I cant wait to see what you guys come up with.

David,

I think it takes the four commentaries closest to the top of your Commentaries section that contain info on the passage. But I seen one of the items that shows up in mine (at Isaiah 37:40 at least) is in my Study Bibles section, although it's not the top one. It's possible that Accordance is using it's own classification of Commentaries and Study Bibles to determine eligible resources, and then working with the topmost items in your folders. (My topmost item in Study Bibles is NET Notes, which Accordance classifies--rightly so--as Translator's notes, but I moved to Study Bible due to its content. It does not appear in the info pane.

Oops. Joel answered while I was writing!

Thanks anyway, Lorinda. :)

My topmost item in Study Bibles is NET Notes, which Accordance classifies--rightly so--as Translator's notes, but I moved to Study Bible due to its content. It does not appear in the info pane.

Having said that though, Lorinda, I find the NET notes so very helpful--often a first stop for textual issues for me--it would be nice to be able to access them from the info pane. And while I don't use them as often as commentaries, I can imagine that some users would like to access study Bibles in the Info Pane.

Of course, this is just the first version of the Info Pane, but I could easily see it having potential as a customizable feature in the future, allowing for different kinds of content based on the user's needs.