alternative original language display fonts

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

Is there a way to change the font for displaying original language texts? Well, for now I'm just thinking of changing the Greek font to Brill (which I'm using quite a lot), and I don't seem to have that option in the 'Set Text Pane Display' window.

Thanks,

--anthony

Hi Anthony,

that's simple:

Set Text Pane Display -> Customize Theme

:)

Hi Rokas,

Well, at least for the NA28-T it doesn't work: the font selection is grayed out.

Are you using Mac or Windows, by the way? Just to check if it's a Windows-only issue.

Thanks,

--anthony

Anthony,

my eyes somehow deceived me and you were right - it's not possible to change them (http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8831).

It's "hard-coded" to the Accordance itself, and thus to change it would be "an enormous task" (see posts #5 and #14 in the link above). I am a Windows user, but apparently it's a problem for both Windows and Mac.

I am actually amazed to have this discovered, for I know that Logos can change fonts easily and if I remember correctly Bibleworks can do it as well.

Oops, I ought to have looked for this thread before...

In any case, I'm confident that the Accordance programming team can be up to the task of including this feature that's already included in other bible study programs. I suppose a lot has changed since the last time this topic was discussed (2012).

Thanks,

--anthony

Oops, I ought to have looked for this thread before...

In any case, I'm confident that the Accordance programming team can be up to the task of including this feature that's already included in other bible study programs. I suppose a lot has changed since the last time this topic was discussed (2012).

Thanks,

--anthony

I doubt we will ever see it, but I too prefer alternative fonts.

In version 11, we give you the choice of which Unicode Greek and Hebrew font to use, as this is a far more customizable thing. For our non-unicode texts, this isn't likely to change anytime soon. As you start to see more and more Unicode in the program, though, you'll continue to see your font choices recognized more and more :)

• Like 1

Your font choices for original languages are used when you export the text, whether by copy and paste or any other method.

Ok; this can wait, of course. It's just a small matter of in-program user preference (in the same way as we can customize the display font of non-original language texts for in-program reading). I just hope that the programming team can keep this in mind for future versions. Thanks.