Starter Package problem in 10.4.11

Martin

Hello,

I have purchased and installed Acc 7.4.2 and wanted to install the starter package in order to have access to the World English Bible. But I find that installers for both the .ZIP and .SIT modules are not launchable on my 10.4.11 system. When I double-click on the "Starter Collection Installer" (which is created from the .ZIP download) I get the message "There is no default application specified to open the document "Starter Collection Installer". Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Martin

I am not sure what the problem is. I am wondering what application unstuffed these files. Perhaps try the downloads again, and also make sure you have the latest free StuffIt Expander to open them.

Helen,

The application I used is StuffIt Expander v7.0.3. AFAIK it came with OSX since I haven't installed it separately. Based on your comment, though, I unzipped the download file with BOMArchiveHelper (using the contextual menu Open With...). Surprise! BOMAH uncompressed it correctly and I was able to install the Starter Package.

Perhaps there is a problem with StuffIt v7.x (circa 2003) and OSX 10.4.x. A separate rabbit trail...

Thanks for your help.

/Martin

Archived