Moving Accord f to new Mac

Rod Decker

Just got a new Mac. Found the tip on the Accord site to save typing all the regis codes by manually copying the Accordance folder to the new Mac and then running the min installer. I did both of those things, using the 7.2.1 installer on the BDAG disk. WhenI then launched Accord, got a dialog that Greek and Heb fonts needed to be installed. I would have thought that the min install would have done that, but apparently not. So I copied all the OS X fonts to the Library folder. Now I get Greek in the Greek modules, but all the diacritics are placed *after* the character rather than above it. Any ideas as to what's wrong or what I ought to do next? I'm also curious as to why there are both bmap and ttf fonts; are both necessary?

Oh yes, I was also going to note that most of my pref settings do not appear to have "come across" either. And there not only an "Accordance Settings f" as well as an "Accordance Preferences" folder--I dont' remember having both before?

Here are my current instructions for migrating Accordance to a new Mac:

If you have everything running on the old Mac, and can either link them both by ethernet or firewire, or have an external drive you can hook up to either one, it is easiest to copy over the old Accordance and then update it.

Copy the entire Accordance folder to the new Mac.

Also if you are on OS X copy:

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder

user/Documents/Accordance Files

to the same locations on the new Mac (it is good to backup these two folders from time to time)

Then download and run the latest installer for Accordance (currently 7.4.2).

Note that you should download and run the latest installer, not minimum install on a CD. Also you need to copy the preferences from the user folder. It looks like you missed these steps.

Thanks for the quick reply. That fixed most things; one more I'll have to work on in the morning.

I failed to install to another Macbook Air.

I found this article and moved accordance of iBook from Macbook Air.

But the module is not working properly.

Even though I deleted it, and I copied again..

but it's happening again..

How can I delete all the history of installing Accordance on new MAC?

Please help me...

Which module isn't working?

It may be you did not move your user modules folder, only your Accordance application folder.

I am sorry, but it is very hard to understand what is not working for you. I do not think the Forum is the best place for your questions, perhaps you can email me directly and I will try to help.

I do wonder whether your Accordance folder has the long

Sorry for my poor explanation because of mental shock about installing Accordance on my MBA.

The story is this...

=====================

I got a new MBA(Macbook Air).

I didn't migrate all application from my old iBook to MBA.

I tried to install Accordance, but I failed to install Accordance on MBA.

Then, I found this article and moved the whole folder of Accordance in iBook from MBA according to the words of Helen.

After moving everything, I start running the program.

But Accordance looked for all kinds of modules and asked the password.

Even though I deleted Accordance in MBA, and I copied again..

but it's happening again..

So I left the question here... ^^;;

But.. now it is working well.

I don't know the reason.

I deleted some folders of documents and preferences, and I moved them to MBA again..

It's working well. ^^;;

Anyway.. it's grace from God...

Thanks anyway..

I am glad you got it working. My guess is that your preferences did not transfer over correctly the first time.

Archived