Why Pronominal Suffixes On Nominials Are Not Parsed

fmcfee

I am learning Hebrew and just finished studying "pronominal suffixes on nominals"..I am using Pratico & Van Pelt "Basics of Biblical Hebrew"..this information comes from Chp 9..ie possessive (his, her, our,etc) and objective (him, her, us, etc) and the use of suffixes with prepositions and the direct object marker.....Accordance does not appear to parse any of these in the "instant details" and requires me to amplify the word or passage....I "fudged" somewhat with "the exhaustive analysis HB" tool...I am a little disappointed that I have to use another tool and this tool does not sync with the Hebrew words....I am not good at memorization so trying to memorize these would not work for me...I had no problems with Mounce BBG Greek and using Accordance to parse the grammar.....so why will it not tell me "my book" "his brothers", "with me", etc.....I find Accordance ackward in this area...am I missing something??? I really like Accordance particularly the original language studies...I have the syntax modules also...does anyone have any advise besides "memorizing" the paradigms....Thanks

Frank

It parses each of the forms I glanced at, but doesn't give a gloss. Is that what's tripping you up? I'm not sure why a gloss isn't given, but it isn't difficult to determine it based on person and number.

HTH…

It parses each of the forms I glanced at, but doesn't give a gloss. Is that what's tripping you up? I'm not sure why a gloss isn't given, but it isn't difficult to determine it based on person and number.

HTH…

Rick,

Thanks for your quick reply....It is easy to trip me up...I do not see any information in the instant details box for suffixes....like I did for Greek...I am at a "baby level" because I can't remember very well.......I just noticed something...I have been using the interlinear to parse the Hebrew...when I open BHS-W4 as a separate text the instant details does show some parsing...for example "suffix first common singular"..this did not show up from the interlinear zone...perhaps that is a issue? thanks

Frank

Rick,

Thanks for your quick reply....It is easy to trip me up...I do not see any information in the instant details box for suffixes....like I did for Greek...I am at a "baby level" because I can't remember very well.......I just noticed something...I have been using the interlinear to parse the Hebrew...when I open BHS-W4 as a separate text the instant details does show some parsing...for example "suffix first common singular"..this did not show up from the interlinear zone...perhaps that is a issue? thanks

Frank

The Key Number text you're likely using in the Interlinear doesn't have tags for prefixes, suffixes, etc. and hence will not display the parsing from the BHS into instant details. The best bet is to use the BHS as the primary text in the Interlinear where it will display parsing in ID.

HTH…

The Key Number text you're likely using in the Interlinear doesn't have tags for prefixes, suffixes, etc. and hence will not display the parsing from the BHS into instant details. The best bet is to use the BHS as the primary text in the Interlinear where it will display parsing in ID.

HTH…

Rick,

BHS does not show up as an option for my interlinear (I do have BHS)..if I open BHS separately, the instant details show transliterations only....

Frank

Sorry, I was using BHS as a generic acronym for text; the BHS-W4 module is the resource in Accordance that has the full morphology. Make sure this is the one you have.

Sorry, I was using BHS as a generic acronym for text; the BHS-W4 module is the resource in Accordance that has the full morphology. Make sure this is the one you have.

Rick,

It does work OK with BH-W4 even in the interlinear...the cursor is kinda "funky" on the suffixes and I have to get used to it...but thanks for your help..

I appreciate your time..

Frank

Archived