New Update Horrible

Robert Oswald

Installed latest update and now can not get past tutorial pages to program, can not access program at all, I do most all of my reading on my iPad and now I can't get to anything, please fix immediately or put the old version back so I can read. Thank you.

Hi, Robert!

Sorry you are having trouble. I installed the updated version in both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini retina this morning without problems. Try these three steps:

1. You should be able to skip the tutorial by clicking Skip at the bottom right corner of the screen.

2. If the program has frozen for some reason, quit it and restart. [Go to the home screen and dbl-click. When the open programs appear, find Accordance and then flick it to the top of the screen. It should disappear, quitting the program.]

If neither of these two procedures works, go to the application Settings and find Accordance. Turn on both Clear Download Cache and Remove Saved Session. This resets Accordance, so you should be able to return to the program.

Hope this helps!

Yesterday I initially had an issue with the iPad update but not the iPhone. For some reason there was no way to skip the tutorial pages. The iPad was in vertical mode the tutorial seemed be in horizontal. The quit and restart worked.

I could not get past the tutorial pages either, no skip button and clearing the cache and sessions did nothing but the quit and restart worked like a champ so now I can read again. Thanks for the help.

Great! Happy to hear you are up and running again.

The same thing happened to me on my iPad.

I had that, just kill the app in multitasking and then restart it, works as normal then. Mines was triggered I think because it was in landscape and the format appears to be for portrait, but works fine now.

The issue appears when launching the update on iPad in landscape mode. The tutorial screens are formatted to display in portrait only but aren't getting sized correctly if the app is started fresh in landscape. After that there is no way to ever see or access the Skip button without quitting the app and restarting it in portrait. So clearly a bug.

I usually read the Bible on the train with my iPhone 4S. However, after the latest version was installed, the texts were overlapping one another, as in the attached picture. Please look fix this bug.

post-740-0-02086400-1392248914_thumb.jpg

I usually read the Bible on the train with my iPhone 4S. However, after the latest version was installed, the texts were overlapping one another, as in the attached picture. Please look fix this bug.

That's strange; we've never sen that on any build or any device. What iOS are you running? Is it jailbroken? Also, what font is your main display font? Is that Cardo? Can you describe what you were doing when you saw this? If you force quit the app and restart does it still happen?

That's strange; we've never sen that on any build or any device. What iOS are you running? Is it jailbroken? Also, what font is your main display font? Is that Cardo? Can you describe what you were doing when you saw this? If you force quit the app and restart does it still happen?

Hi Rick, I am running on iOs 7.0.4 on my iPhone 4S. It's not jailbroken. I have even shut down my phone and restarted the application. And still I see this on my favourite NASB text. It was the same with all the other English and even Chinese union texts that I have. It is normal with the Greek and Hebrew texts. I checked the Dictionaries like Holman or ZPEB, they appeared normal. So the problem seems to be the rendering of the English bible texts. The text font used is Cardo, size 21. The reference font is Arial, size 18.

Edited by Joseph

Hi Rick, I am running on iOs 7.0.4 on my iPhone 4S. It's not jailbroken. I have even shut down my phone and restarted the application. And still I see this on my favourite NASB text. It was the same with all the other English and even Chinese union texts that I have. It is normal with the Greek and Hebrew texts. I checked the Dictionaries like Holman or ZPEB, they appeared normal. So the problem seems to be the rendering of the English bible texts. The text font used is Cardo, size 21. The reference font is Arial, size 18.

We'll look into this further; thanks for the report.

I was able to reproduce this on iPhone 4s with 7.0.4, by switching the font to Cardo.

I tried some other fonts, and don't see the problem. You will need to close the app from the multitasking window for

the change to affect the current view.

You should try a different font while we try to figure out the problem with Cardo.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to reproduce this on iPhone 4s with 7.0.4, by switching the font to Cardo.

I tried some other fonts, and don't see the problem. You will need to close the app from the multitasking window for

the change to affect the current view.

You should try a different font while we try to figure out the problem with Cardo.

Thank you Dean for the workabout.

I was glad that the latest 1.7.2 update has resolved the Cardo font issue. Great work.

Grace be with you all

Version 1.7.2 does not seem to have corrected the initial tutorial problem in landscape mode. I got the issue on the iPad with IOS 7.0.6.

Just updated the iPad, it's frozen. As above posters have noted. Will try above