Historic Views of the Holy Land questions

Abram K-J

I'm on the fence about the Historic Views of the Holy Land collection that's currently on sale. I've read through the articles and forum posts that I could find. Just a few questions:

1. I see the sale price is $99.00. $149.00 is listed as the regular price. Am I correct in remembering that there is not a "regular sale price" for this item? I.e., when the sale is done, it goes back up to $149.00?

2. The images I've seen look great. My primary use would be in preaching and teaching settings (but more preaching than anything). Just curious if anyone has found that black and white-ness of the photographs to be limiting in any way?

3. I would assume that "Scripture" is one of the search fields? If so, how frequently are images keyed to specific Scripture passages? I primarily get to any images I use for preaching via Scripture reference, though sometimes search in other ways, too. I realize for a collection like this, amplifying from a place name in a Bible text is probably the better way to go.

Abram, a while back, I wrote a post on my blog about how I use these pictures. You can find that here: http://thislamp.com/posts/2012/1/3/balaam-in-the-flesh.html

In regard to your second question, the b&w aspect of the pictures is a bonus in my opinion because they give them a more timeless look. In fact, as I describe in my post, I often go a step further and adjust the color from a straight b&w to more of a sepia tone.

As for the Scripture search field, yes there is one, but I have better success searching the captions for a particular subject.

• Like 1

You are correct regarding the price ... the price will revert back to $149.00 after the sale end date.

Great post, Rick--thanks!

Basic question--what do you use to adjust the photo to Sepia? Just something as simple as iPhoto, then export to Keynote?

Julie--thanks.

Great post, Rick--thanks!Basic question--what do you use to adjust the photo to Sepia? Just something as simple as iPhoto, then export to Keynote?

Even simpler--I do it from within Keynote. There are basic image controls included in Keynote that will allow you to adjust images.

• Like 1

Great! Haven't used Keynote enough to realize that. Thanks for the tip! That makes it easy.