BibleGlo

Chris Echols

So, I had never heard of BibleGlo before, but I was poking around the interwebs looking for easier ways to tie things together visually for bible study. I have to say that BibleGlo has impressed me and I'm willing to give it a try even though it appears to be windows only. I love accordance, but I would love to more easily interact with the accordance modules more intuitively.

Has anyone else heard of this before? If they had this on iPad.... well.... Anyone else have any thoughts?

You can see videos of how it works here http://www.equip.org/glo

BibleGlo looks like a great use of graphics! There is a version coming for the Mac too.

I've always felt that Bible software could make greater use of graphics, especially Mac Bible software.

• 3 weeks later...

I am intrigued by Glo, as I was by iLumina before it. I demoed iLumina and thought it was novel but not a serious research tool.

Glo is definitely beautiful to look at (I have only seen the demo, not actually tried it).

I suspect that it's very much the child of graphic designers and artists rather than biblical scholars.

I'm sure I would enjoy it for a few hours, but probably not turn to it for either devotional reading or study/teaching.

Still, if it appeals to a more visually-oriented (and not codex-comfortable) generation and gets the Bible into people's hands (and minds and hearts), this is a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased it. Glo is visually stunning and has some neat little things but it's not like Accordance or that "other" program. ;)

Well I've had a chance to play with it for a while now using Parallels on my Mac. I like the fact that I can "discover" new things about the bible and how different events places and things are connected, but it's no Accordance. With on the NIV and KJV, its very limited, but the graphics are awesome.

Archived