3 Feature Requests

zackwoolwine

These might already be in here, but I live in a 3rd world country with slow internet so I don't have time to browse the forum to check for them.

1. Full Screen Mode.... which would allow multiple modules to be open at the same time (as opposed to current Reading Mode). I'd like to have the ESV Bible and the Study Bible Notes open at the same time in full screen.

2. View all highlights. I had to contact support to find out that I search for STYLE* to show all my highlights. Is that hard to do? No. Is it intuitive or easy to figure out via the menus? No. It would be nice to have something quick in the menus like there is with the User Notes.

3. User Notes. Again, it works, but it's not smooth.... it's not intuitive. Have to save each time or click the text to move the User Note window to the back is easy to do, but it's not a smooth workflow. Also, I can't take User Notes in Reading Mode.

4. User Notes to be more specific than simply tied to the verse. I'd like to be able to make a note about a specific part of a verse.... like halfway through a verse I see something and make a quick note about it.

I don't only use Accordance as a research tool, but also for my daily study of the Word. As a research tool it's great, but as a devotional tool it suffers in the realm of User Interface. It would be awesome to be able to open my Bible and Study Bible in full screen mode, make quick user notes in a simple automatically saving pop-up window that is specific to where I click my cursor and not to the verse as a whole. I'd like to be able to highlight whatever I want to without the warning popping up if I include the verse number. and when I want to look back at past notes and highlights, I'd like to be able to simply click a button that displays either or both of them.... so I see my notes and the corresponding highlights.

Most of what I'm talking about is User Interface. Accordance is an awesome tool; fixing and polishing the UI would take it to the next level. Right now Accordance is known for it's vast library and nativeness to the Mac.... what if an awesome UI was added to that mix?!

• Like 3

I would just like to affirm your request and add that I would like User Notes capability for all texts that one might read and not just Bibles. I often make notes in the margins of books I read and it would be very helpful to me to be able to do so with Accordance. Thanks again for your feature request. :)

• Like 1

+1 on the ability to add user notes to a word or selection of text in other resources, just like highlighting.

• Like 1

Also, a simple, usable way to create bookmarks.... and a way to search them. I want to be able to be reading through various devotionals and modules and have a quick way of finding where I was in a quick way.

I'm not super familiar with all the accordance features, so please let me know if what I'm requesting is already available.

I simply typed in "Bookmark" in the help bar and nothing came up.

Thanks.

This isn't a feature request but rather a bug report. Again I live in the 3rd world with slow internet.. so I don't have time to find out where to report bugs. If someone wants to repost for me, feel welcome... I just figured that Accordance would see it at some point if I post it here.

I am running Accordance 10 on a Mac and purchased it via the Mac App Store. Every time I have a "Save Dialogue" screen up.... like if I want to save a session or anything like that.... the pop-up save dialogue begins to flicker rapidly making it unusable. This also happens when trying to install modules that are already on the computer but in the wrong folder. Sometimes the flickering stops and I can do what I need to.... other times it renders it useless.

Thanks.

This is a bug in Mavericks which we have reported to Apple. If you click outside the dialog or outside Accordance and return to it, it should work OK.

That is the case sometimes. In last situation I was in, it was unfixable..... I finally just had to close the dialogue without saving.