History button

Ryan Smiley

I have been using the iPad app for a while and the 1.3 update really streamlined things. Here are a few more featured that I think would be great.

- a history button, with drop down list of previous searched/viewed verses. This would fast jump you back or forward to the previous verses you were reading. This is something I think would be handy during a study.

- the ability to set margins. I find the text close to the side acidentally getting clicked, and sometime visually hard to track the line wrap. Also if implemented amazingly, this would leave space to put indicator icons after the verse for your reference text, showing that the reference has information regarding that verse. This would allow you to keep the reference text pane closed, and when the indicator icon is selected it could open a large bubble window with the reference info and the ability to panel the bubble.

- when using the verse picker in the lower right corner, it should jump to the reference before the selection of the verse ( at the chapter level). Most of the time I want to go to a chapter, or get context on a verse. And having to pick a verse, can slow down the process.

- I have found that there is no good lowlight color combo. To resolve this it would be nice if there were more background and foreground colors. Also in setting options for that it would be nice to be able to preview the colors (right now it is just names) and preview the fonts (again right now it is just names). If this idea was fully fleshed out there could be a button on the interface bar that would allow change to lowlight mode and standard layout (which would change the font and background colors. I would use this mode in church, to be less of a distraction). then change back for normal use.

- an easy way to access the dictionary from word selection. I can see this information included or linkable in the dark information bubble that pops up when a word is selected.

- and finally just for the iPad version, there is room to combine the top and bottom menu bars. This would free up the screen for more text, and simplify navigation.

Thanks.

I have been using the iPad app for a while and the 1.3 update really streamlined things. Here are a few more featured that I think would be great.

- a history button, with drop down list of previous searched/viewed verses. This would fast jump you back or forward to the previous verses you were reading. This is something I think would be handy during a study.

- the ability to set margins. I find the text close to the side acidentally getting clicked, and sometime visually hard to track the line wrap. Also if implemented amazingly, this would leave space to put indicator icons after the verse for your reference text, showing that the reference has information regarding that verse. This would allow you to keep the reference text pane closed, and when the indicator icon is selected it could open a large bubble window with the reference info and the ability to panel the bubble.

- when using the verse picker in the lower right corner, it should jump to the reference before the selection of the verse ( at the chapter level). Most of the time I want to go to a chapter, or get context on a verse. And having to pick a verse, can slow down the process.

- I have found that there is no good lowlight color combo. To resolve this it would be nice if there were more background and foreground colors. Also in setting options for that it would be nice to be able to preview the colors (right now it is just names) and preview the fonts (again right now it is just names). If this idea was fully fleshed out there could be a button on the interface bar that would allow change to lowlight mode and standard layout (which would change the font and background colors. I would use this mode in church, to be less of a distraction). then change back for normal use.

- an easy way to access the dictionary from word selection. I can see this information included or linkable in the dark information bubble that pops up when a word is selected.

- and finally just for the iPad version, there is room to combine the top and bottom menu bars. This would free up the screen for more text, and simplify navigation.

Thanks.

Ryan,

Thanks for the suggestions. A few of these are already under active development although their implementation may not be exactly as you suggested. Others will being considered for inclusion in future versions of the iOS app.

Scott.

Archived