Font in diagramming window?

Rod Decker

When diagramming Greek to include in a published book I need the fonts of the diagram to match the text, but I can't find any way to export completed diagrams as Unicode. They stay in the Accordance font--which looks terrible when set with, say, Gentium as a text font.

I suppose I could manually re-do all the fonts in a graphics program, but that really defeats the point of using Accordance. (Plus I don't know the graphic format used; is it editable? Postscript? vector or bit mapped?)

I'm open to any suggestions. I'd rather not have to use Logos for this... :( Although their diagramming module, despite being a "tacked on" feature that's hard to access, does produce nicer diagrams. But that would mean that I'd have to work on both my Mac and my Windows box (since the Mac version of Logos doesn't have diagramming capabilities) and move stuff back and forth all the time.

If there could be a Unicode option (i.e., convert to Unicode upon opening the diagram window) and some auto-alignment of the diagramming graphics (they ought to "snap" together with perfect alignment, as should the text to the baselines), this could be the top diagramming tool. (As it stands, Logos is #1, Accordance #2, BibleWorks #3--IMHO! That's ONLY for the diagram tool!) But at the moment it's not publication quality.

I hope you are using 8.1.3 as we did upgrade the diagramming window for 8.1. We will look into the issues you raise regarding export. The image is currently editable as vectors and objects, but the text is not converted to Unicode (that issue has not arisen before).

8.1.3? How did I miss that? I was running 8.1.2, but I now have 8.1.3 installed.

Hope a Unicode option become possible. Thanks for checking.

Archived