Searching

William Varner

I am embarrassed to mention this, since I seem to have forgotten something I knew. When I do a construct search - say in the GNT - the search results replace my GNT workspace and then I have to go back and enter Matt-Rev for that Workspace to have my texts as they once were. What am I doing wrong to lose the workspace to the search results? I even attended the workshop at SBL!!

Red Faced

William,

I think the ideal setup you'd like to have is that before you open a construct search window, first open a new text window (just hit Command N) and set it to search for Words (as opposed to Verses) and then with the cursor in the search window box open a new construct window.

This will place the search results in the second GNT window, but leave your verses window intact for your other needs.

But then, I may be misunderstanding your wishes.

Hey, that works! I think then that I will leave that "GNT-2" tab there and use it as my construct search window - at least in the GNT. But I guess I could change it too. Thanks,

Will

Yep. And have a look at the "Save session..." menu option to save any setup you like. Then all you need do is launch the setup.

(As I look at the previous steps I mentioned, you don't have to manually switch a search window to search by words... it automatically switches to that if you open a new construct window.)

Archived