User Notes: normal hypertext behaviour?

WillT

Just my second post here, and conscious this may have been addressed in another post, but couldn't find any info after a few searches.

If I have NA27-T open with User Notes as a parallel pane, and I click on an OT hypertext reference within User Notes then it will display the previous NT reference within my notes, not the OT reference on which I am clicking. If I switch the open search text from NA27-T to an English language text then the OT references will open just fine. Is this normal behaviour? Do user note references only ever match the current search text rather than the general hypertext preferences that the other tools use?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Will

This is what I have found in Accordance help:

Create a Scripture Link

A verse reference can be turned into a scripture link. When the note is viewed in a User Notes tab, the link behaves as any other scripture link.

1. Select the verse reference in the Edit window and click Make Link. The reference becomes a scripture link.
  2. Click Update at the bottom of the Edit window to save your changes.

What I am finding though is that the link does not "behave as any other scripture link". Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks again,

Will

This looks like a bug to me. If a user note is viewed as a parallel to a text and if a scripture link extends beyond that of the current parallel text (for example, John 4:5 hyperlink in the Hebrew Bible), then Accordance doesn't associate the link correctly. If, however, you open the note in a zone of itself, the link is correctly associated.

Sorry for the delay. This week is the paragon of busy for the OakTree folk, as numerous team members are attending ETS (Evangelical Theological Society) and SBL (Society of Biblical Literature) this week.

Thanks James

if a scripture link extends beyond that of the current parallel text (for example, John 4:5 hyperlink in the Hebrew Bible), then Accordance doesn't associate the link correctly. If, however, you open the note in a zone of itself, the link is correctly associated.

That is exactly what I am experiencing. I hope there's a fix on its way (though I hear what you say re. SBL and ETS!) as it limits the usefulness of user-created Scripture links.

I can confirm. I started out with the NA27 and have the wrong info in the instant details window if I hover over an OT link - the previous NT verse will come up. If I click on the link, I get an error message.

post-330-0-27050400-1352898921_thumb.png

It I switch the text to NAS95, all links display correctly.

I then changed the search text to HMT-W4. The OT links displayed properly. The NT links gave me the previous OT verse in the ID window.

That is exactly what I am experiencing. I hope there's a fix on its way (though I hear what you say re. SBL and ETS!) as it limits the usefulness of user-created Scripture links.

I suspect a fix will be relatively quick. Bugs are normally eradicated as quickly as possible, I would imagine. Given the proximity to ETS/SBL, it may be a little longer than normal. The programmers do frequent the forums and read every post. So, even if you don't get an immediate response to a bug report, it's on their flyswatter radar.