Zondervan Scholarly Suite - Easy Install?

Tony Lawrence

I just purchased an ipod touch for me and an ipad for my wife. I looked for the Zondervan Scholarly Suite titles in the Easy Install and noted that most were not there. I looked on the website and found that they are available (for now) in disk only. Will the titles be added for easy install in the future? I would especially like to have the GNT-Key and ZPEB available. I understand that in the next release of the iOS Accordance that modules will be able to be transferred by syncing as well. If so, this will meet my needs.

Thanks as always for such wonderful support!

Tony Lawrence

There are three conditions for downloading modules to the iOS app:

1. The modules must have been purchased by you or registered to you so they are in our main database.
  2. Your online account must be updated to show all these modules -- send us an email if there is an issue
  3. The modules must be available for Easy Install: this excludes certain Accordance CD products published by other companies, as well as older versions of modules or groups for which there is now a paid major upgrade.

Items which are not available for Easy Install will be able to be synced from an installation in Accordance 9, but they will still need to appear in your online account.

Ths you are correct that you need to wait for syncing, which is our top priority.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a related question. I wanted the Mounce modules so I purchased the Zondervan Scholarly Suite. I read something about not using that installer with Accordance 9 so I used the Add Module command in the Library window of Accordance 9. The modules show up in that Library list, but when I try to access them within the program, it asks me to locate the module. Does adding a module through this method, not really add that module to the program's installed modules and just adds it to the LIbrary list? Do I still need to do something else to be able to use this module with Accordance?

Yes, you need to copy the modues themselves to Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts or Tools so that Accordance can find them.

Thanks! On that topic, does it matter where in the modules folder they end up? The sub folders don't exactly always seem to match the types of tools I can select in the File-Tool menu. To make things make more sense as I'm looking, would it be ok to rearrange them all in the Mac's file/folder structure in a way that reflects how they appear in Accordance?

Accordance 9 expects all texts to be in Texts and all tools and parallels to be in tools. I would leave them like that, not necessarily how they were on the disk.

Archived