Extensive Smart-Hyperlinks

Anon

It would be great if data management were possible within Accordance's note and user tool architecture. I believe this has been hinted at in the past. Let me elaborate on what is meant from a researchers perspective.

Extensive hyperlinking in User Notes: Scripture links are already automated somewhat with the "Make Link" option, but consider this. It would be fantastic if I could use the standard scholarly abbreviation for, say, a research Grammar and have Accordance automatically hyperlink to the grammar with an external link. This would mean:

1. An automatic link would need to adhere to a standard syntax, with errors checked by regular expressions. e.g., JM §2, J.M. §2, J.M §2 could all be prescreened to match JM = Joüon and Muraoka.
  2. The anchor syntax would look like such: x-accordance-item://uniqueToolIDHere?page=§2
    1. This link would be operative internal to Accordance (in notes and user tools)
    2. This link would be operative external to Accordance
      1. An external link, when clicked, would thus call Accordance to an active state
      2. Navigate to the appropriate location in Accordance (.e.g., JM §2)
    3. Yes, this is similar to how Devonthink Pro Office operates
  3. Hyperlinks in tools are annotated, as it currently has been done, for quick access to the anchor. That is, there is an anchor and destination at the technical level, but operationally they are easily accessed and visually represented in either direction. This way if I am reading JM §2, I will see that I cited it to support a note, external file (because Accordance should program itself to make the links permanent, yet relative (that is, it uses the protocol of the UniqueToolIDHere, not the library location or such).

This process of hyperlinking would require some additional programming—agreed. What good feature doesn't?

• Like 2