copy-paste bug...

Ken Han

I'm unable to copy / paste a picture from Accordance into many apps, like the new Pages or Keynote, Mail, and even Evernote. The same single copy will however paste into Mellel. I'm not sure whether the problem is. Is anyone else having copy / paste problems?

The new versions of the iWork apps have evidently limited the kinds of file formats they will accept. I'm guessing all the Accordance images are in pict format since that's what the icon says when I move the mouse over an image.

I've been exporting images as .jpg or .png to use them in the new Keynote. It's a decent workaround, but an extra step.

I hadn't realized Mail wouldn't take the pictures either, but I just tested that and you're right.

However, I just pasted a photo from Accordance into Evernote and it worked just fine. Try that again.

Supposedly, Apple is going to keep adding features back into iWork, but I don't know if they will allow for pict images since those aren't in much use anymore. I don't know how difficult it would be for OakTree to convert all their images over, but I imagine it would be a huge undertaking.

Once 10.3.4 hits, all exports will be png and jpeg, so this shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 3

+1 :rolleyes:

The new versions of the iWork apps have evidently limited the kinds of file formats they will accept. I'm guessing all the Accordance images are in pict format since that's what the icon says when I move the mouse over an image.

I've been exporting images as .jpg or .png to use them in the new Keynote. It's a decent workaround, but an extra step.

I hadn't realized Mail wouldn't take the pictures either, but I just tested that and you're right.

However, I just pasted a photo from Accordance into Evernote and it worked just fine. Try that again.

Supposedly, Apple is going to keep adding features back into iWork, but I don't know if they will allow for pict images since those aren't in much use anymore. I don't know how difficult it would be for OakTree to convert all their images over, but I imagine it would be a huge undertaking.

Once 10.3.4 hits, all exports will be png and jpeg, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I am ashamed to admit how many times I tried cmd-c & cmd-v a photo from the Holman Bible Dictionary thinking that I was doing something wrong. I thought I was smarter than that.

• 1 month later...

I am having a different issue with iWork... when I paste in greek text it doesn't stay in Helena format. I have my export set for that and it worked in previous edition of iWork, but in the new it goes to whatever basic font I'm using... any fixes?