Problem Creating or Importing User Tool

Steve King

When I try to import or create a new User Tool I get the message "The file xxxx cannot be modified, because write permission has been denied"

I am on snow leopard. Just updated to 9.5.1

I have checked the Library/Application Support/Accordance folder. I have read/write permissions. There is no second 'Accordance' folder in the user/Library.

Not sure what else to try. Any help appreciated.

User Tools are in a different folder.

Try looking at ~/Documents/Accordance Files

I'm on Lion and running into the same problem with creating (haven't tried importing) User Tools.

I am able to create User Notes

I have done a touch and rm test of each of the directories under /library/app support/Accordance inclusive. I have none of these files under home.

Documents Accordance Files is also clearly writable too.

I have also just confirmed that this is specific to 9.5.1 -- when I do the same thing in 9.5.0 it creates just fine, and then I can edit and work with the 9.5.0 User Tool in 9.5.1.

User Tools are in a different folder.

Try looking at ~/Documents/Accordance Files

I had already tried that. Just checked it again to make sure and rebooted. Still get the same problem.

This is pretty clearly a bug - It works when I use the 9.5.0 version, but not when I use the 9.5.1 version

I guess I should have tried it first...I get the same issue when trying to create a new user tool.

I have the same problem. Additionally, trying to import into an existing tool crashes Accordance.

Here is a workaround:

Go to your Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools folder.

Select one of your existing User Tools.

Duplicate the file, then rename it.

Go back to Accordance and select Add New Module from the Library Window.

Add the module that you renamed.

Open the module and then type Command+U or Edit User Tool.

Then you can delete the contents of the previous file followed by cut and paste into the new User Tool.

All,

I was able to reproduce the User Tool problems that you are describing and it IS a regression that was added in 9.5.1. You will have to wait for a 9.5.2 to do any User Tool importing.

I am very sorry for the hassels,

Mike

All,

I was able to reproduce the User Tool problems that you are describing and it IS a regression that was added in 9.5.1. You will have to wait for a 9.5.2 to do any User Tool importing.

I am very sorry for the hassels,

Mike

Mike, it includes both creation of new tools and importing.

Archived