SBL fonts

ptpb1001

Hi,

I want to export Hebrew in SBL font, but Preferences --> Greek & Hebrew does not give me that option.

PS - I'm running Accordance on a PC through the MAC emulator.

Set the Preferences: Greek & Hebrew to export to Unicode, and strip the cantillation marks.

Then you need to save your selection as an RTF file and copy it or save it to the Windows side.

These steps are all detailed in the Accordance manual for Basilisk.

To follow up on Helen, you can then use your Windows word processor to style the resulting Hebrew in the RTF file with whatever Unicode Hebrew font you want, including SBL Hebrew.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem when I try to copy from BDB or HALOT. If I just copy and paste a paragraph, the Hebrew is garbage.

When I select a paragraph of one of these references, choose "Save as text file - RTF" I am asked whether I really want to save all 20,000+ paragraphs.

How can I just copy and paste a few paragraphs into Word and have the Hebrew come out in Hebrew?

I have selected "Export all characters with Unicode format."

Judy

You do not say if you are on Mac or PC. On Mac Word does not support Unicode Hebrew so you really need to use Nisus or Mellel if you work in Unicode. the above discussion concerned the fonts in Windows with the emulator.

You need to upgrade to version 8 in order to get the option of saving a selection as RTF. Otherwise you need to narrow what is showing in the text pane to just the text you want to save (for example by using the Tools browser pane) which is a lot more hassle.

Archived